This Week in Hathor — 22nd December 2020
This Week in Hathor is a recap of what happened and what is about to happen on Hathor Network’s development.
- Hathor Network passed the security audit conducted by Slow Mist. The process, which started at the beginning of December, finished last week as announced on our social networks.
- The SlowMist team is one of the most respected audit firms in the blockchain space. They have a strong security research experience in Bitcoin, Ethereum, and also deep knowledge in the security of key modules such as P2P communication, RPC calls, cryptographic components, consensus mechanisms, and asset transactions.
- This audit means that our network is strong and secure and ready for the next steps of our expansion plans.
- Our first halving event approaches! In early January, the issuance of new HTR tokens will reduce by half. From the date onwards, miners will mint 32 HTR per mined block instead of 64.
- According to our calculations, the first halving might happen on the 3rd of January.
- Another milestone for Hathor Network! This week we achieved over one million blocks mined on our best chain. Check out our Explorer for more statistics on the network. https://explorer.hathor.network/statistics
- Our new wallet update v0.18.0 went live last week, fixing some UX issues and coming up with improvements. You can find more by reading Pedro Ferreira´s article about the update here.
- Please visit our Github for downloading the latest version of our wallet https://github.com/HathorNetwork/hathor-wallet/releases/tag/v0.18.0
- We are conducting our first research on those who applied for the Hathor Community Program. This first step aimed to understand the relationship between our community members with Hathor Network, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
- We want to give a big thank you to our community members and managers for the incredible support in 2020. In less than one year our channels have exponentially and organically grown from 300 to 3000+ supportive members.
- #BuildOnHathor will be our motto for next year.
- We have much more coming up in 2021. The best is yet to come.
This Week in Hathor 2021 — new format
- From January onwards, This Week in Hathor will move to bi-weekly though the name remains the same.
- We heard a lot of positive feedback from the community. We plan to condensate our news with more in-depth information in newsletter format to compile everything written in other publications about Hathor Network.
Hathor wishes everyone happy holidays and a great 2021!
About Hathor Network
Hathor Network is a PoW-based novel distributed ledger architecture using both DAG and blockchain data structures intertwined. Built having in mind scalability, usability, and decentralization, our network uses the unique design of the HTR token to solve significant bottlenecks preventing the broad adoption of the technology.
Hathor Network has been in mainnet since January 2020, experiencing exponential growth in the number of custom tokens, active wallets, and mining hashrate.