OFFICIAL HBUS Games Rules
June 4th, 2018
San Francisco, CA
We are happy to announce a new contest with our friends over at Blockchain Connect! Read further for more details.
Get the most retweets from your fans and community members by June 15th, 10 AM PST.
- Contest begins on June 4th, 2018 at 12 PM PST, and ends on June 15th, 2018 at 10 AM PST. All retweets must be made by June 15th, 2018 at 10AM PST to be eligible.
- Winners will be announced on HBUS’s Telegram channel (https://t.me/hbusofficial) at 2 PM PST on June 16th, 2018
How to Enter:
- Post the following Tweet on your Company’s Twitter profile (Do not retweet this Tweet from the @HBUSofficial page):
Join the #HBUS Games @hbusofficial sponsored by @blockchain_con. t.me/hbusofficial https://bit.ly/2GN0ya6. In order to win, we need you to Retweet this Tweet with a selfie!
- Please also attach the photo below
How to Win:
- The Company with the post with the most Retweets wins
- The winner will receive a five minute demo at the Blockchain Connect June 26th-27th, 2018 conference, a free booth, as well as four VIP tickets for the team. The winner will also receive an interview that will be featured on the HBUS Medium blog and shared on HBUS social media channels.
- Must be at least 18 years old and a US resident to retweet.
- Anyone discovered using multiple accounts to retweet will be disqualified.
- Additional rules apply, please see the Official Rules below/here.
We are partnering with Blockchain Connect Conference for the HBUS Games, thank you to the Blockchain Connect Conference, for sponsoring this event.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- ELIGIBILITY: The HBUS Olympics Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal U.S. residents currently residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old as of the date of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of HBUS Holding Co. Inc. (“Sponsor”) or any of its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, contractors, and advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
- ENTRY PERIOD: Contest begins on June 4th, 2018 at 10:00 AM PST and ends on June 15th, 2018 at 10:00AM PST (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Entry Period, eligible persons may enter as follows:
- Log into your social media account;
- You must follow our Twitter account (@HBUSOfficial) before submitting the retweet;
- Tag our social media page and
- Use the hashtag #HBUS
- Attach a photo of yourself (selfie) to verify your identity and prevent fake accounts from retweeting.
- You must also subscribe to HBUS’s newsletter: hbus.com
In addition, all entries must adhere to the following guidelines:
- MUST NOT contain material which is (or promote activities which are), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, hateful, slanderous, libelous, tortious, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, inappropriate, violent, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or contain material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group or world peace; or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; or contain images, words or text portraying nudity, acts of violence, or acts that are or appear to be unlawful or dangerous or in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the entry is created in their application; and
- MUST NOT contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- Limit: LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the entrant. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, accounts, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries from an invalid, non-working, or inactive account will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
- SELECTION AND VERIFICATION OF WINNERS: By or around June 16th, 2018, Sponsor will select one (1) potential prize winner by counting the number of retweets from among all eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified via direct message or email within five days after being selected. Each potential winner must respond to the winner notification within seventy-two (72) hours of being notified; if not, an alternate potential winner may be selected. EXCEPT WHERE LEGALLY PROHIBITED, POTENTIAL WINNER (OR HIS/HER PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN IF POTENTIAL WINNER IS A MINOR IN HIS/HER JURISDICTION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE) MAY BE REQUIRED TO SIGN AND RETURN AN AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY, LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY RELEASE (THE “AFFIDAVIT”) IN ORDER TO CLAIM HIS/HER PRIZE. If (i) a potential winner cannot be contacted in person by Twitter direct message after the first attempt to contact him/her, (ii) a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the 72 hours (if applicable), or (iii) a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by going to the next highest retweets from among the remaining eligible entries for the applicable prize.
Verification of Potential Winners: All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
- PRIZE / PRIZE CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS: There will be one (1) Prize (“Prize”) awarded. The prize winner (“Winner”) will receive 4 VIP tickets to Blockchain Connect’s San Francisco Conference, a five-minute free demo and a free booth at the conference. In addition, the Winner will receive a 24 hour banner ad on HBUS.com as well as its logo on Blockchain Connect’s website.
2. Sponsor shall have no liability for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from or arising out of any travel related to the Prize or any other aspect of Winner’s acceptance or use of the Prize.
Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the responsibility solely of Winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Contest, and/or the legitimate operation of the Contest; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Contest (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Contest or suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or © award the prizes at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR AND ITS RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
2. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE PRIZES AND ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes each entrant’s grant to Sponsor (which grant will be confirmed in writing on request of Sponsor), and the Released Parties the right and permission to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the Winner’s entry (including the entrant’s posted photograph), name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, opinions and biographical information (including but not limited to hometown and state) for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes (including the announcement of his or her name on television or radio broadcast) without additional consideration, compensation, permission, or notification.
- DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Federal or state court located in San Francisco, CA; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
- SPONSOR & PRIZE PROVIDER: HBUS Inc. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Telegram Messenger, LLP.
Copyright ©2018 HBUS, Inc. All trademarks and logos used herein are trademarks of HBUS, Inc and/or their respective owners. All rights reserved.