If you’re using Gitlab CE internally in your company, and you’re making heavy use of its internal Issue tracking system:
- you might be unhappy with the default set of labels available for you Issues and Boards.
- you might want to create your own set of labels and apply the same set to several repositories, once you’ve standardized your internal workflow.
Create a standard set of issue labels and board lists for a GitLab CE project via API. Install the package globally…
It allows you to:
- Create default labels for your projects, based on our choices
- Create your own custom configuration with your own labels, colours, priorities etc. and use those
- Add some of those labels to the default board for the project
How to use it:
- install it on your machine with npm
- follow the instructions in the README.md file within the project
The code is not perfect and might not work with all versions of Gitlab CE, but at least that’s a start! If something isn’t working, or if you need a new feature, please file a bug report in Github Issues here.
The default list of labels we use are the following:
Thanks for your time, if there are any errors or if you have any suggestions let us know in the comments below!