Essential Food Habits to get a Good Night Sleep
Are you tired of spending those sleepless nights? There are times, when even after a hard day at work, we find it difficult to sleep for a while. Things cannot be ignored here! Not getting enough sleep at night, increased feeling of sleepiness at work or sudden mood swings are symptoms of sleep disorder. The only treatment you are prescribed is sleeping pills! But, how long will you be dependent on them?
Let us take a look at a few food items, which when included in the diet will help in getting a sound sleep.
- Yogurt: Studies have found that calcium deficiency can be a cause for sleepless nights. Milk and Yogurt give good amount of calcium that helps you get a good night sleep.
2. Whole Grain: Like Calcium, the deficiency of Magnesium may too be a reason for one to suffer from sleepless nights. Whole Grains are a great source of magnesium. Adequate consumption of whole grains will surely help in getting enough sleep.
3. Bananas: Bananas are a great source of Potassium and Vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 is used to produce melatonin, a sleep inducing hormone. Therefore, bananas too help in getting enough sleep.
4. Chickpeas and Fortified Cereals: These are also rich in Vitamin B6 which is used for the production of melatonin as mentioned above.
5. Fish: We all know that Fish is a great source of Vitamin B Complex. Therefore, a good source of Vitamin B6 as well.
Along with these, you can also consume healthy nuts like cashew nuts, almonds and walnuts. Adequate consumption of fresh herbs like sage and basil also help in reducing stress and give a good night sleep.
All we need to remember is to avoid high fat diet before sleeping, avoid consuming alcohol and a late night coffee. Following this eating habit along with a little meditation in the mornings will help you stay away from stress and give you sound sleep.