6 Kefir Smoothies That Will Leave You Healthy & Happy
Smoothies are an essential part of our day. They are easy to make, taste good, and are a great replacement for the breakfast you know you don’t have time to make. The variations of smoothies are endless, but we always make sure to throw some of our Kefir into the mix. The health benefits of Kefir are truly endless, and is a great replacement for yogurt. So, without further ado we give you six of our favorite Kefir smoothies:
- The Very Berry Kefir Smoothie
- 8 ounces frozen mixed berries
- -2 small bananas, cut into 2-inch pieces and frozen
- -5.25 ounces of Kefir
- -1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- -3 strawberries
- -1 to 2 tablespoons Agave Syrup
- Blend together & enjoy!
Insider tip: Want a cute Instagram of your smoothie like this one? Blend a half a cup of blueberries, pour on top of your smoothie, and snap away!
2. Apricot Strawberry Kefir Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh apricots
- ¼ cup plain Kefir
- 1 cup organic milk
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- Rinse and stone the fresh apricots, then cut them in small pieces.
- Put them in a blender with the plain Kefir, about ¼ to ⅓ cup of milk and half of the agave syrup and mix for a few minutes until smooth. You can add a little extra milk if you want, but you still need to keep a thick enough consistency to prevent the strawberry smoothie on top to go right to the bottom of the glass and blend in with the apricots.
- Serve the apricot smoothie in 2 glasses until half way.
- Rinse and cut the fresh strawberries in half. Mix them in a blender with the remaining milk and honey. Pour carefully on top of the apricot smoothie. It’s ready, enjoy!
3. Raspberry Nut Kefir Smoothie
- 3/4 cup Blueberry Kefir
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tablespoon natural almond or peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Place the milk, raspberries, banana, almond butter, and agave nectar in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and frothy.
4. Matcha Kefir Smoothie
- 2 cups Plain Kefir
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1 green apple, cored with the skin left on
- 3 Tbs honey
- 4 tsp Matcha powder
- 2 cubes of ice
- Milk (optional)
Blend all ingredients in a blender starting on low speed and then finishing on high speed until smooth. If using milk, add in a little to adjust the consistency. Serve immediately after blending!
5. Pomegranate Blueberry Kefir Smoothie
- 1 Cup Blueberry Kefir
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Chia Seeds
- 1/3 Cup Organic (Or Almond) Milk
Combine the pomegranate, blueberry, honey, and organic milk into a blender. Top with Chia seeds (optional) and enjoy!
6. Pumpkin Pie Kefir Smoothie
- 1 cup organic pumpkin purée
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup plain Kefir
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 ice cubes
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth (30 seconds to 1 minute). Pour into glass and serve.