Safe and Effective Weight Loss Tips
Are obesity concerns weighing heavily on your mind? Worry not, because some easy and safe tips could solve the problem for you. Read on for some strategies:
- One of the best ways to lose weight is to balance exercise with a healthy diet.
- Get steady exercise of about 20–30 minutes every day; choose some form of exercise, be it walking, jogging/running or swimming to lose calories.
- Weight loss doesn’t necessarily mean you should starve. In fact, one of the most effective ways to shed the kilos is to eat regularly. Having meals regularly would give you enough energy, and stop you from binge-eating or snacking on junk food.
- Controlling the size of your meals is a very important step. Eat frequent but small meals rather than large meals with huge gaps in between.
- Steer clear of sweetened colas or juices. Sugar is the biggest enemy when it comes to weight, so avoid or limit intake of sugar in any form, be it in sauces, jams or biscuits.
- It is a given that you chuck all the junk food when you are trying to lose weight. You can snack healthy instead; a handful of nuts, a few crunchy carrots or cucumbers should be your go-to snacks.
- Replace fine floured foods with whole grained stuff. For instance, eat whole-grained brown bread rather than white. The same applies to pastas and pizzas.
- When you cook, opt for low-fat methods of cooking such as steaming or baking rather than frying in oil.
- Never skip breakfast because it is the most important meal of the day. A nutritious breakfast, should kick-start your metabolism and keep you energized all day. You are less prone to reach your hands out to a samosa or a bag of chips mid-morning if you have had a healthy breakfast.
- East slowly, chew your food thoroughly and enjoy every bite. This makes you feel satiated and fuller, and you will tend to eat lesser. Also, keep yourself hydrated, and drink at least eight glasses of water daily.
- Always eat at least two-three hours before you sleep because your body’s metabolism comes down considerably when you are sleeping.
- It is crucial that you get enough sleep. If you don’t sleep enough, your hunger increases on the one hand, while your body’s calorie-burning rate comes down.
- As much as possible, cook your own meals at home, and cut down on ordering in. When you do eat out, make choices that are healthier — choose salads or low-fat dishes.
- When you start eating a meal, begin with a course of salads or vegetables so you cut down on eating greasy, heavier stuff (in terms of calories) later on.
- Maintain a journal, and observe your patterns of binge or under-eating, and make changes accordingly.
- Refrain from eating on the couch, in front of the television. Shift to the dining table instead!
If all these methods are not enough and you want to seek a weight loss treatment in Bangalore, you could do so. Visit a weight loss clinic in Bangalore for expert advice and help. In cases of obesity, you may have to undergo a surgery.