“We have to look at the way healthcare works with a holistic approach”: Niira Radia, Founder of Nayati Healthcare

pintu sharma
May 30 · 3 min read

At the first BW Hospital Awards 2019, Nayati Healthcare & Research Pvt. Ltd. received the award for Excellence in Multispecialty Tertiary Care Hospital in Non-Metro regions and Excellence in CSR initiative. The hospital chain was founded by Niira Radia in 2012. In the interview below, she talks about the inception, journey, and future of Nayati Healthcare.

Q: What made you foray into healthcare?
Post my exit from the corporate world about a decade back, I went to Badrinath and there was a request from the Head Priest that “why don’t you open up a hospital here?”

Not knowing much about healthcare, I remember something my father told me, “If you ever want to do something, start with mobile medical units.” So I promised him that when Badrinath opens in 2012, I will have mobile medical units to serve the pilgrims.

“Nayati Healthcare Badrinath Camp”

And in 2012, I kept my promise as I came back with 4 mobile medical units and a team of 45 professionals.

Q: How has the journey been so far?

I would say outstanding. It’s been a real journey. Fulfilling is an understatement. Connecting with masses and providing world class healthcare right at their doorstep, sharing their pain and their joy. With our first hospital in Mathura, it has 22 specialties with world class technologies. The overall journey is remarkable.

Niira Radia — Founder of Nayati Healthcare

Q: So, how many hospitals do you have?

Currently, we have five hospitals and two will be commissioned in 2019. In the later part of this year, we would commission 455 beds at our Gurgaon facility having the total capacity of 600-beds. In about two months, we would commission another facility in Ashok Vihar, a facility with approximately 175 beds.

Q: So, what are the future plans?

I have come back to Delhi to only strengthen and grow my teams. I would have loved to carry on to Banaras because it’s about consolidating UP. 260 million to serve, a large community that needs healthcare. However, you need to come back to Gurgaon, build teams and an economic foundation.

Next step would be Amritsar, Banaras and Nagpur — majorly Central and North India. By the end of this year, we are going to have a 1,200 bed capacity and after all the hospitals are built and commissioned across the country, this number would be revised to 3,600.

Q: How do you see the future of healthcare in India considering the current challenges?

I think we are a fragmented community and we need to come together. The future is great. We have to look at the way healthcare works with a holistic approach.

Yes, there are challenges as far as recent announcements with the government in terms of pricing, but when it comes to dealing with what we have done in Mathura, we are already 30–40% lower than Delhi NCR.

In addition, the demand supply is huge. 80% of hospitals are in NCR or metropolitans and the rest 20% in the community that we serve. But, the population is majorly in rural areas, so there is a mismatch. I don’t think they are challenges, I think it is a mindset. We need to come together and serve this holistically.

Q. What is your opinion on the impact on healthcare industry by the upcoming poll results?

None at all. People are going to fall sick, whichever party is in power. It really doesn’t make a difference.

Source:

http://www.businessworld.in/video/Address-healthcare-challenges-more-holistically/07-05-2019-1917/

Healthopedia

Healthopedia is an informational platform to promote health awareness among the people. We are helping you to know the health News,Testimonial,Reviews and DO and Don’t for the health living.

pintu sharma

Written by

Healthopedia

Healthopedia is an informational platform to promote health awareness among the people. We are helping you to know the health News,Testimonial,Reviews and DO and Don’t for the health living.

Welcome to a place where words matter. On Medium, smart voices and original ideas take center stage - with no ads in sight. Watch
Follow all the topics you care about, and we’ll deliver the best stories for you to your homepage and inbox. Explore
Get unlimited access to the best stories on Medium — and support writers while you’re at it. Just $5/month. Upgrade