Balsamic Grilled Chicken and Zucchini Noodles
Who all are up for some no-carb meals? Zucchini noodles with grilled chicken in the balsamic sauce are just perfect for a low-carb dinner that can fill you up and keep your hunger pangs at bay. This is as versatile as it sounds and can be easily incorporated into your diet regularly.
Why is it healthy?
- Chicken is a lean meat source that is high in protein, and helps in maintaining stronger bones and muscles. As it is rich in protein, it can help in weight management and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Chicken contains a lot of tryptophan, an amino acid that is linked to producing higher levels of serotonin (a feel-good hormone)
- Zucchini is high in antioxidants like lutein, zeaxanthin, and beta-carotene. They may benefit your eyes, skin, and heart. It contributes to healthy digestion and may help reduce blood sugar levels.
Who is it for?
This is a great add-on for people with obesity, high blood sugars, high blood pressure, and cholesterol. Its low carb, high protein, and fiber diet always help in better weight management.
⏳ Preparation Time: 40 to 45 minutes
🍽 Serves: 1
🥗 What you’ll need:
- Chicken breast- 200 gram
- Balsamic vinegar- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Honey- 1 tablespoon
- Orange zest- 1/2 tablespoon
- Yellow zucchini- 1 whole
- Green zucchini- 1 whole
- Green onion (chopped)- for garnish
- Oregano -1 teaspoon
- Salt- as per taste
- Pepper powder- as per taste
- Oil- 1 to 2 tablespoon
- First, heat a pan with honey and balsamic vinegar. Bring this to a boil and them simmer it for 10 minutes until it slightly thickens. Turn off the heat and then add orange zest and dried oregano and mix well.
- Next, trim off both ends of the zucchini. Using a vegetable peeler, create long flat noodles by running the blade against the length of each zucchini. Season with salt and set aside.
- Preheat a grill on medium-high. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and place them on the grill and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until they turn lightly brown all over. Transfer to a clean plate, cut them into strips and set them aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the zucchini noodles in some boiling water for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a bowl or dish, add the zucchini noodles, chicken strips, balsamic honey sauce and toss them well until all ingredients are coated well. Adjust the seasoning and garnish with spring onions.
- Balsamic grilled chicken and zucchini noodles are ready. Enjoy! :)