Are the summers hitting hard? If yes, food can change a lot about how our body can beat the summer. Here is another summer-friendly salad recipe made with barley that is believed to cool down and refresh. This is a recipe that is simple yet very refreshing!
Why is it healthy?
- Barley is rich in many beneficial nutrients like vitamins, minerals, and other plant-based compounds.
- It promotes the feeling of fullness and reduces hunger which would restrict overeating and aids in weight loss.
- Barley can also boost intestinal health as it is high in both soluble and insoluble fiber content.
- Beta-glucans present in barley helps in lowering cholesterol, may prevent gallstones, and reduces the risk of heart diseases and diabetes.
Who is it for?
Barley is a versatile ingredient that can be added easily to the diet. This recipe can be incorporated into the diet of everybody. This does not just have a cooling effect but is packed with nutrients that benefit every individual except for people with some digestive conditions like IBS (Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome) or a sensitive digestive tract. This is due to the presence of fructans in barley which are fermentable types of fiber that causes bloating in people with IBS or other digestive-related disorder.
⏳ Preparation Time: 05 to 10 minutes minutes
🍽 Serves: 1
🥗 What you’ll need:
- Barley pearls (cooked)- 1/2 cup
- Tomato (chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Cucumber (chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves (chopped)- 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice- 1/2 tablespoon
- Oil- 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt- as per taste
- Pepper powder- as per taste
- Mix herb seasoning- optional
- First, fluff up the cooked barley and add them into a bowl.
- To this, add chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, and coriander leaves and toss well.
- Next, in a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Pour this dressing over the salad and stir to combine and coat everything in the dressing. Add other seasonings of your choice (optional).
- Serve immediately if desired, or chill and then serve.
- Barley salad is ready. Enjoy! :)