Chickpea Salad with Minty Curd dressing
Chickpea salad with minty curd dressing! It just sounds yum!! Salads can be quick to make but not as boring as you think. Here is such a recipe to prove how salads can be interesting and tasty to indulge in. This salad has that chatpata tasty and tangy flavors that you can just enjoy as a whole meal or as an evening snack.
Why is it healthy?
- Packed with nutrients, chickpeas are a great way of maintaining weight and satiety levels. They are high in plant protein and may support blood sugar regulation.
- Chickpeas may protect from certain chronic conditions like heart diseases, cancer, type 2 diabetes and promote brain health.
- Paneer is also a great vegetarian source of protein, aids in weight loss and prevents certain bone related diseases
- Curd or yogurt is a good source of probiotics for gut health, high in protein and strengthens the immune system.
- Curd also protects from osteoporosis as it is a good source of calcium, potassium, phosphorus, and vitamin D.
Who is it for?
This delicious salad is for everyone who wants to eat a healthy and balanced meal. Diabetes, hypertensive, and people suffering from any bone-related issues can include this in their diet as the ingredients help maintain blood sugar levels, potassium might control blood pressure, rich calcium and protein levels can prevent the risk of bone-related issues. Kids or adults will love this recipe and is very much time-saving.
⏳ Preparation Time: 15 to 20 minutes
🍽 Serves: 1
🥗 What you’ll need:
- Kabuli chana/ Chickpeas (soaked, cooked)- 1/2 cup
- Tomato (cut into cubes)- 1/4 cup
- Spring onion (chopped)- 1 tablespoon
- Paneer (cubes)- 1/4 cup
- Cucumber (chopped)- 1/4 cup
For the dressing
- Mint leaves (chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves (chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Ginger (chopped)- 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chilli (chopped)- 1
- Curd (yogurt)- 2 to 3 tablespoon
- Salt- as per taste
- Pepper powder- optional
- First, soak the chickpeas for 5 to 6 hours and pressure cook them until they are well done. Allow them to cool and add to a bowl and keep it aside.
- Add all the dressing ingredients into a mixer and blend this into a smooth mixture. Keep this aside.
- Add chickpeas into a bowl, add the dressing to this and toss well to combine everything. Adjust the seasoning and add other seasonings of your choice and serve.
- Chickpea salad with minty curd dressing is ready. Enjoy! :)