Corn & Spinach Omelette
Who doesn’t like a quick omelette break? It nourishes, is tasty, and is very quickly made. This sometimes becomes our savior when hunger pangs kick in. Why not make such omelette more nutritious by loading it with vegetables like corn and spinach? Doesn’t the combination sound great?
Why is it healthy?
- Eggs are great sources of vitamins A, B5, B12, D, E, K, and B6. Eggs are high in cholesterol but do not affect blood cholesterol, instead raise high cholesterol.
- Eggs are high in quality protein with all the essential amino acids in the right ratios.
- Spinach is a low-calorie food that is full of essential nutrients like calcium, iron, etc. It curbs appetite and boosts appetite.
- Corn is rich in vitamin C, lutein, and zeaxanthin which are good for eye health and helps prevent lens damage.
Who is it for?
This is an excellent high-protein and low-carb recipe that can be enjoyed by people with diabetes, hypertension, and also high cholesterol. This can be your kid’s favorite snack loaded with rich nutrients. This recipe can also be included in your daily diet if you are someone trying to lose weight.
⏳Preparation Time: 10 to 15 minutes
🍽 Serves: 1
🥗 What you’ll need:
- Egg- 2
- Spinach (chopped)- 1 cup
- Sweet corn- 2 tablespoons
- Milk- 1 tablespoon
- Onion (chopped)- 2 tablespoons
- Coriander leaves (chopped) — 1/4 cup
- Ginger (minced)- 1/4 teaspoon
- Oregano or Italian herbs- 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- 1/8 teaspoon
- Green chilli (chopped)- 1/2 (optional)
- Black pepper powder (freshly ground)- to taste
- Olive oil- 1 teaspoon
- Salt- to taste
- Wash the spinach and coriander leaves thoroughly and drain the excess water. Chop them finely along with the onion and chilli and add them in a bowl.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl and add the chopped spinach, coriander leaves, onion, sweet corn, oregano powder, ginger, turmeric powder, green chilli, milk and salt. Whisk them together until the eggs are light and frothy.
- Heat a pan with some olive oil. When the pan is hot enough, pour the egg mixture. Spread the spinach over the egg if needed.
- Cook the omelette on medium heat until the base is set and firm. Flip it over and cook until the eggs are cooked completely.
- The corn & spinach omelet is now ready to serve.
- Place it on a plate, sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper powder and serve it with a slice of toast or some mashed potatoes & roasted veggies on the side!