This is one of the heart-healthy recipes that you can pair up with some hot steamed rice along with a portion of vegetables. Aren’t you drooling already? Fish tikka is a simple dish with a burst of flavors from spices that makes it absolutely delicious.
Why is it healthy?
- Fish is an important source of many nutrients like vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids. These nutrients may reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- It is good for growth and development as they contain DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid and EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) which boosts brain health.
- Fish is mainly linked to reducing the risk of developing autoimmune diseases.
Who is it for?
People with diabetes, and high blood pressure can include this in their diet as it is protein-rich and very filling. Pregnant women and people with high cholesterol might have to consider eating in moderation, especially pregnant women must have to check some types of fish that have high mercury levels. Salmon, herring, anchovies, sardines, and freshwater trout are some fishes that are low in mercury levels and high in omega-3s.
⏳ Preparation Time: 35 to 40 minutes
🍽 Serves: 1
🥗 What you’ll need:
- Fish fillet (any variety)- 200 gram
- Yogurt- 1/2 cup
- Red chili powder- 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric- 1/4 teaspoon
- Dried fenugreek leaves / Kasuri methi (crushed)- 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Lemon juice (skip if using sour curd)- 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala- 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- 1 tablespoon (can skip if you are using salmon)
- Besan / Chickpea flour- 1 tablespoon
- Green bell pepper (cubed)- 1/4 cup
- Red bell pepper (cubed)- 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves- for garnish (optional)
- Onion- 1/4 cup
- First, wash the fillet under running water and pat dry with kitchen tissues. Cut them to equal cube-sized pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients (except oil) and marinate the fish cubes for at least 2 to 12 hrs.
- Just before you begin to bake, cube the veggies and marinate in the leftover marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 240 C, bake the fish and the vegetables for 10 mins and then on 180 C for another 5 to 10 mins. Ensure the fish is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot. Garnish with coriander leaves (optional)
- Fish tikka is ready. Enjoy with some onion wedges and salad! :)