Lemon Coriander Soup
Some warm and filling flavors are all that we need some days! Here is one such amazing lip-smacking recipe that is not just delicious but also easy to make. The classic combination of lemon and coriander has never gone wrong and in soup, it is just perfectly appetizing!
Why is it healthy?
- Lemon supports heart health as it is a rich source of vitamin C.
- Lemons also help prevent kidney stones by increasing urine volume, and urine pH as it creates a less favorable environment for kidney stone formation
- The addition of lemon to our food can also prevent anemia as it can increase the absorption rate of iron from foods.
- Coriander leaves are rich in immune-boosting antioxidants that fight inflammation.
- Coriander might reduce some unpleasant digestive symptoms like bloating, and discomfort and may boost appetite.
Who is it for?
This recipe is perfect for everybody from kids to adults. People with diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol can indulge in this delicious soup. Soups are generally meant to relax, and including them in dinners is the best way to enhance sleep.
The picture shown is only indicative of how the recipe would turn out after cooking as it is subjective to the individual style of cooking & hand.
⏳ Preparation Time: 10 to 15 minutes
🍽 Serves: 1
🥗 What you’ll need:
- Lemon juice- 1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves (chopped)- 1/2 cup
- Oil- 1/2 tablespoon
- Garlic (minced)- 1 teaspoon
- Green chilli (chopped)- 1
- Onion (chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Cabbage (chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Carrot (chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Vegetable stock- 1/2 cup
- Salt- as per taste
- Pepper powder- as per taste
- First, heat oil in a pan, add garlic, green chilli, and sauté on medium flame.
- Next, add the onion and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes until they turn translucent. Then add cabbage, carrot, and stir fry the vegetables.
- Add the vegetable stock, lemon juice, salt, and mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes (you can use a ready vegetable stock mix or make it at home).
- Lastly, add the chopped coriander and mix well. Serve the lemon coriander soup.
- Lemon coriander soup is ready. Enjoy! :)
Tip to make vegetable broth at home:
Heat some oil in a pan, add onion, garlic, spring onion, and sauté for a minute. Then, add chopped veggies of your choice and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Season the mixture well and add 2 to 3 cups of water. Bring this to a boil, and simmer for another 10 minutes. Drain the mixture and use this as vegetable stock.