Lemon Herb Chicken Pasta with Green peas and Spinach
Pasta takes many forms, shapes, and flavors, but this flavor is something above all. Lemon herb imparts its citrus taste along with subtle hints of mint. This sauce coats the pasta, chicken, and vegetables making it a delicious combination to go on the table.
Why is it healthy?
- Chicken is high in protein, reducing the risk of heart diseases as it helps in weight management.
- Studies show that chicken contains an amino acid tryptophan which has been linked to increasing the levels of serotonin (the feel-good or happy hormone) in our brains.
- Green peas are a good source of vitamin C, E, zinc, and other antioxidants. It is also high in fiber and anti-inflammatory.
- The carotenoids present in spinach keep the eyes healthy and reduce the risk of developing any age-related macular degeneration. It also contains a good amount of iron and potassium that helps reduce the risk of anemia and high blood pressure respectively.
Who is it for?
Everyone can include this recipe in their diet and indulge in this nutrient-packed, one-pot pasta. People with diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol can also enjoy this in moderation. Children can love the flavor of subtle ingredients. Chicken can be replaced by either cottage cheese or vegan meat for people who do not consume it.
⏳ Preparation Time: 30 to 35 minutes
🍽 Serves: 1
🥗 What you’ll need:
- Chicken breast- 200 gram
- Cooked pasta- 3/4 cup
- Garlic (minced)- 2 to 3 cloves
- Lemon juice- 1 to 2 tablespoon
- Green peas- 1/4 cup
- Baby spinach- 1/2 cup
- Basil leaves (chopped)- 2 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves (chopped)- 1 to 2 tablespoon
- Olive oil- 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt- as per taste
- Pepper powder- as per taste
- Mixed herb seasoning- optional
- First, season the chicken with salt and pepper. Next, heat some oil in a pan and cook the chicken until it is done on both sides, about 5 to 10 minutes. Then remove it from the pan and slice it into thin strips and keep it aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in hot water along with some salt for 6 to 7 minutes and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, heat some more oil, add garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon juice, and sauté for a minute. To this, add some pasta water, and peas. Cook the peas well.
- Next add cooked pasta, spinach, chicken strips, basil, and parsley to the pan. Toss well to coat all the ingredients with the sauce. Adjust the seasoning and add mixed herbs (optional). Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Lemon herb chicken pasta with green peas and spinach is ready. Enjoy! :)