Mushroom soup is not only a healthy low-carb option but also tasty. This can be made with the basic ingredients that are available in every kitchen. It turns out to be the creamiest and most flavorful soups for you to enjoy at any time of the day. Who says no to this bowl of amazing soup when it’s easy to make, nutritious, delicious, and most importantly filling!
Why is it healthy?
- Mushrooms are great sources of selenium, copper, thiamin, magnesium, and phosphorus. They are low-calorie foods that pack a nutritional punch.
- They are also good sources of vitamin D
- They are rich in potassium, a nutrient that reduces the negative impact of sodium on blood vessels and the heart.
- The anti-inflammatory effects of mushrooms have been great in improving the efficiency of the immune system.
Who is it for?
This is a great option for people suffering from diabetes as it is low in GI (Glycemic Index), and hypertension as it is rich in potassium. Vegans can substitute milk with other plant-based milk as it is optional. It works wonders when it comes to weight loss as it is filling and maintains satiety levels.
⏳ Preparation Time: 30 to 35 minutes
🍽 Serves: 1
🥗 What you’ll need:
- Mushrooms (chopped)- 1/2 cup
- Garlic (chopped)- 2 to 3 cloves
- Onion (chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Thyme/ Any died herb seasoning- 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable broth- 1 to 2 cups
- Milk- 1/4 cup (optional)
- Light soya sauce- 1 teaspoon
- Oil- 1 tablespoon
- Salt- as per taste
- Pepper- as per taste
- Coriander leaves (chopped)- for garnish
- First, heat oil in a pan. Add onion, garlic, thyme, mushrooms and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- To this, add vegetable broth, stir well, add milk (optional) and cook for about 15–20 minutes. Reduce the heat and add a splash of soya sauce.
- Adjust the seasoning as required. Turn off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.
- Mushroom soup is ready. Enjoy! :)