Paneer Tomato Lettuce Salad
Salads are sometimes the ‘time savior meals’. A healthy bunch of ingredients can make an extremely delicious salad bowl to indulge in. Paneer tomato salad is one such nutrient-packed recipe that is quick to make. It holds all that crunch and yumminess needed!
Why is it healthy?
- Paneer is rich in protein, and calcium and strengthens bones and teeth.
- It helps in maintaining blood sugar levels as its high protein content will allow slow release of carbs.
- The potassium content of the paneer helps in maintaining the fluid balance of the body thus helping heart health.
- Magnesium from paneer has a laxative effect which helps prevent constipation.
- Lettuce is a good source of vitamin K which helps in strengthening bones. 95% of raw lettuce is water which significantly contributes to hydration.
Who is it for?
People with diabetes, and hypertension can include this recipe in their diet. People with hyperglycemia might consider eating it moderately. Paneer tomato lettuce salad is a great weight-loss recipe. It is more filling and maintains satiety levels. Paneer can also be substituted by tofu or chicken.
⏳ Preparation Time: 20 to 25 minutes
🍽 Serves: 1
🥗 What you’ll need:
- Paneer (cubes)- 1/2 cup
- Lettuce- 1 to 2 leaves
- Tomato (chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Celery (chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Capsicum (thinly sliced)- 1/4 cup
For the dressing
- Garlic (finely chopped)- 1 teaspoon
- Basil leaves (finely chopped)- 1/2 tablespoon
- Lemon juice- 1 teaspoon
- Dry red chilli flakes- 1/2 teaspoon
- Mint leaves (chopped)- 1 tablespoon
- Salt- as per taste
- Pepper- as per taste
- Olive oil- 1 tablespoon
- First, in a small bowl combine paneer cubes and veggies and refrigerate them to chill.
- In the meantime, add all the ingredients mentioned under dressing to make a tasty dressing for the salad.
- Just before serving, remove the refrigerated salad bowl and combine it with the dressing. Toss well so that the dressing coats all the ingredients. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Paneer tomato lettuce salad is ready. Enjoy! :)