Pudina Dal Kebab
Here we are with another recipe that holds all of your taste buds. It’s Pudina dal kebab! It is traditionally made with chana dal and mint leaves which makes it absolutely delicious with the combination of flavors. Kebabs can be a great way of making our recipes interesting as they go well in wraps, or salads, or all alone with some chutney to accompany it.
Why is it healthy?
- This kabab is rich in protein and loaded with vitamins and minerals.
- Mint leaves or Pudina are known for their cooking sensation they impart. These leaves are rich in nutrients like fiber, vitamin A, iron, manganese, and folate.
- It may improve irritable bowel syndrome, help relieve indigestion, and could improve brain function.
- Chana dal/ chickpeas control blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol and strengthen bones.
Who is it for?
This recipe is suitable for everyone, especially people with diabetes who can add this great high-protein recipe to their diet. The ingredients are known to help with indigestion which makes it a great add-on to improve the indigestion symptoms. Kids will love to eat this as an evening snack or as a roll with kebab pieces and vegetables stuffed in their lunch box.
⏳ Preparation Time: 45 to 50 minutes
🍽 Serves: 1
🥗 What you’ll need:
- Pudina/ Mint leaves (chopped)- 1/2 cup
- Onion (chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Green chilli (chopped)- 1
- Cheese (grated)- 1 to 2 tablespoon
- Chana dal (soaked)- 1/2 cup
- Red chilli powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Besan/ Gram Flour- 1 tablespoon
- Ginger garlic paste- 1/2 teaspoon
- Amchur powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala- 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- as per taste
- Pepper powder- optional
- Coriander leaves (chopped)- 1 tablespoon
- Oil- 1 tablespoon
- First, heat a pan and add soaked dal with ginger garlic paste, onions, salt and saute well. Add enough water to and pressure cook until the dal turns soft. Remove from the flame and allow it to cool.
- Once the pressure has reduced, open the lid and mash the dal thoroughly. To this, add besan, chilli powder, amchur powder, garam masala, chilies, cheese and mix well. Adjust the seasoning as required.
- Then, divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each portion into flat and round kebabs.
- Next, heat a pan and grease with some oil. Place the kebabs on the pan and shallow fry each kebab until it turns golden brown on both sides.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Pudina dal kebab is ready. Enjoy with your favorite chutney or sauce! :)