Sesame Carrot Edamame Salad
Salads are recipes that can be tailor-made depending on an individual’s preferences. This sesame carrot edamame salad is a protein and fiber-packed recipe that effectively works for weight loss. It is simple, crunchy, and has all that umami flavor from the tiny protein-packed edamame!
Why is it healthy?
- Edamame is high in protein, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. This could be a great substitute for people who consume very less animal protein or no animal protein.
- They may also help reduce the risk of prostate cancer, and post-menopausal symptoms, reduce the risk of breast cancer and may promote healthy blood sugar regulation.
- Carrots are a particularly good source of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K, potassium, and antioxidants. Regular consumption of carrots has been linked to lower cholesterol levels and improved eye health.
- Sesame seeds are a good source of several nutrients crucial for the immune system and have a good amount of zinc, selenium, copper, iron, and vitamin B6.
Who is it for?
People with high cholesterol, high blood sugar levels, and high blood pressure can include this as part of their diet as this recipe is packed with many nutrients to regulate these conditions. High protein edamame helps to curb cravings and keeps fuller for longer periods. This recipe is the best option to include quality protein for vegans and vegetarians who do not consume animal proteins.
⏳ Preparation Time: 20 to 25 minutes
🍽 Serves: 1
🥗 What you’ll need:
- Edamame (shelled)- 1/2 cup
- Carrot (chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves- 1 teaspoon
- Sesame seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion (chopped)- /4 cup
- Black pepper- 1/4 teaspoon
- Water- 2 cup
- Olive oil- 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- First, boil 2 cups of water in a saucepan. Add edamame, and cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions, carrot and sauté it well. Season it with salt, and black pepper and mix well.
- Turn off the flame. Combine all the sauteed vegetables, edamame, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper in a bowl and toss well.
- Sesame carrot edamame salad is ready. Serve immediately, garnished with coriander leaves. Enjoy! :)