Spiced Chickpeas and Broccoli Wrap
Wraps are the easiest options for meal preparation. Kids and adults can easily indulge in these dishes as they are easy to eat and carry in meal boxes. This saves a lot of time for people who struggle to find time to make some healthy and quick meals. So why wait, let’s dig into the recipe.
Why is it healthy?
- Chickpeas are packed with a whole lot of vitamins, minerals, and a very good source of protein and fiber.
- They may enhance the feeling of fullness and keeps you away from overeating. This further may help in weight loss.
- They may control blood sugar levels, benefit digestion, and may protect against certain chronic diseases like heart disease, cancer, and type 2 diabetes.
- Broccoli is another superfood that contains many vitamins and minerals along with bioactive plant compounds.
- It contains anti-oxidants that have a health-protective effect and may reduce inflammation. The antioxidants present along with fiber may control blood sugar levels.
- It also promotes healthy digestion and prevents constipation, slows down the process of aging, and supports the immune system, and oral health.
Who is it for?
This makes a great place for the diet of people with diabetes, hypertension, and hypercholesterolemia, as the ingredients help in the control of sugar levels and its high fiber content increases the chance of decreasing the bad cholesterol. This nutrient-packed whole meal can be a great option for kids and adults.
⏳ Preparation Time: 15 to 20 minutes
🍽 Serves: 1
🥗 What you’ll need:
- Oil- 1 teaspoon
- Broccoli florets- 1/2 cup
- Salt- as per taste
- Pepper- as per taste
- Red chilli flakes- 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Chickpeas (boiled)- 1/2 cup
- Cheese (grated)- 1 tablespoon
- Cumin powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Parsley (chopped)- 1 tablespoon
- Whole-wheat tortilla/ Phulka- 1
- First, heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli, season with salt and pepper, and cook until broccoli is bright green for about 5 to 6 minutes (take care to not overcook the broccoli).
- Next, heat a pan and grease lightly with some oil, add chickpeas, cumin, parsley, and chilli flakes (optional) and toss this for 1 to 2 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with salt, and pepper, and mash the chickpeas lightly with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat up the tortilla/ phulka. Place it on a clean surface and add the chickpea mixture over it. Top it with cooked broccoli and make a wrap. Serve hot.
- Spiced chickpea and broccoli wrap is ready. Enjoy! :)