Thai Chicken Curry
This highly flavorful Thai curry lends all of its Asian flavors to chicken and makes it juicy and delicious to pair with steamed rice. It is easy and can be perfect for those family dinners or parties to enjoy with everyone! It has a packed a whole bunch of nutrients with high protein, fat and vitamins and minerals.
Why is it healthy?
- Chicken is a high-quality animal protein which helps you feel full for longer period.
- Olive oil is an excellent source of healthy fats and important vitamins and minerals
- Lemon grass boosts immunity and treats stomach disorders
- Coconut milk aids in weight loss, contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Green peas, baby spinach, and basil leaves serve as a good amount of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Who is it for?
People with diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol can take this as a part of their balanced diet. This can be best enjoyed with steamed rice, preferably brown rice so as to make sure the blood glucose levels are not immediately spiked. Kids and adults can enjoy the flavors of Asia as predominantly it contains all the spices that boost immune system and health.
⏳ Preparation Time: 30 to 35 minutes
🍽 Serves: 1
🥗 What you’ll need:
- Chicken breast- 200 gram
- Onion (chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Red Thai curry paste- 2 to 3 tablespoon
- Brown sugar- 1 teaspoon
- Coconut milk- 1 cup
- Lemon grass- 1 stalk
- Garlic (minced)- 2 to 3 cloves
- Lime leaves- 1 to 2 leaves
- Green peas- 1/4 cup
- Baby spinach- 1/2 cup
- Basil leaves (chopped)- 2 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves (chopped)- 1 to 2 tablespoon
- Olive oil- 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt- as per taste
- Pepper powder- as per taste
- First, heat a pan with some oil, add chopped onions and sauté well. To this, add the chicken pieces and mix well.
- Next add lemongrass, sugar, lime leaves, basil leaves, spinach, green peas and coconut milk into the same pan and mix everything well.
- Bring this mixture to a boil, then reduce the flame to simmer for another 15 minutes until the chicken is well cooked. Keep stirring at continuous intervals to prevent the sauce from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper (optional). Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Thai chicken curry is ready. Enjoy with some steamed rice! :)