Halloween Event Update is Live! (V1.04)
Halloween event, New “World Bank” Building, high-res item art, and more!
Halloween is almost upon us! We’re celebrating with an early update to Hero Generations that features a special Halloween Event, as well a number of big changes that we’ve wanted to make for a long time. Be sure to restart Steam client to trigger the update. Here’s the full change list!
- Halloween special event! From now through November 1st, all worlds of Hero Generations will be overrun with pumpkins, skeletons, haunted forests, gravestones, candy, and more. Fire up a game and explore to find all of the fun fall changes!
- New Building: Bank. The World Bank will be added to all newly created worlds. It allows players to deposit gold for future generations, plus interest. Explore your world to find it.
- New global quest: Craft a special town type.
- High-Res Item Art: Added higher res images and changed all loot objects to have higher res images. No more grainy items in the UI.
- Added different sized icons to match the value of consumable items (strength potions, damage potions, lifespan potions, gravestones, and gold piles).
- Added camera focus event that tells player when the Fountain of Youth has refreshed with a new giant lifespan bonus.
- Added counter to Fountain of Youth description to help with long term tracking.
- Added world icons next to the titles on Quest pages in Quest UI.
- Enemies are now more likely to hold weapons and items, making combat more interesting and varied.
- Added ‘Block Holidays’ option in settings so players can avoid holiday modes if they would prefer.
- Increased initial player strength to 5 from 1.
- Added numeric icons on locks in tech tree UI so users know which generation buildings are unlocked in.
- Fixed visual glitch on Bone item when in item slot.
- Fixed Gravestones not giving gold after game load.
- Fixed Issues with Skipping the Tutorial.
- Fixed various minor bugs reported by the community.
Have fun and let us know what you think of the changes!