Protocol Weekly is a newsletter to exclusively showcase the progress of Ethereum protocols and other layer 1 chains.
Hello everyone to another week of Protocol Weekly. Last week I went to EDCON in Syndey which was a bunch of fun. My main two highlights were Vitalik giving an overview on how Casper CBC worked and then hearing him rap about Ethereum to the best of his ability. Highly recommending watching that clip if you haven’t already.
Also, last week I finally published my piece on Cosmos and Polkadot (https://tokeneconomy.co/the-state-of-crypto-interoperability-explained-in-pictures-654cfe4cc167). Something that’s becoming clear with the current state of development timelines is that:
a) Launching a chain is much, much harder than anything thinks it is
b) Since launching a new chain is extremely difficult, layer 2 solutions that offer security guarantees of a base layer chain with the scalability of their own ecosystem are going to be extremely important.
For example, interoperability that can make use of DeFi on Ethereum is still a couple of years away at the minimum. It seems to me that when inter-chain communication frameworks are fully developed that’s when we’ll start seeing more substantial action. Until then, it’s build time.
- New article: Everything you need to prepare to build on Polkadot.
- How do you use Substrate to build custom blockchains? Video introduction on how to develop with Substrate and the basics of Rust in Substrate.
- We partnered with Longhash on a Polkadot incubator.
- The first ever Substrate developer conference is happening in Berlin April 24–25. Apply to attend.
- Jutta Steiner wrote a Forbes article on how Web3 empowers users to take back control over their data.
- New cheatsheet of everything Substrate.
- Interested in building on Polkadot? The Web3 Foundation is providing grants.
- Like talking to devs and traveling? We’re hiring a Tech Ambassador.
- Loopring is thrilled to release the complete design for #Loopring Protocol 3.0. with Zero Knowledge Proofs to tackle scalability and bring throughput to 450 trades/second on#Ethereum, all the way up from 2 trades/second!
- We soft launched our exchange MPX last week! Working now to provision liquidity
- Small updates and fixes to our middleware and DEX
- Brought our FAQ up to speed with our smart contracts and API
- Made a lot of progress defining our rewards program for new users
- Liquidity Network’s COO, Guillaume Felley, will present NOCUST- A securely scalable commit-chain on 13 Apr at EDCON Sydney 2019.
All Our Projects:
Parity, Loopring, Matic Network, The Graph, Origin Protocol, AirSwap, Kyber Network, Wanchain, Aion, ICON, CDx, Abacus Protocol, Enigma, Set Protocol, Codex Protocol, Colony, The Graph, POA Network, Connext Network, Dharma Protocol, Paradigm, Market Protocol, Liquidity Network.
Know a protocol that should be part of this list? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.