Published in


Maharashtra People Are Concerned About Gas Leaks And Breathing Problems

Maharashtra poeple panic among local people was caused by a gas leak at a chemical factory in Maharashtra’s Badlapur late last night.

After the gas leak at Nobel Intermediates Pvt Ltd in Shirgaon MIDC, several people complained of breathlessness and a burning sensation in their eyes over a three-kilometer area.

The incident was reported by Thane Municipal Corporation to have taken place at 10:22 on Thursday, adding that the situation was controlled within an hour. “On Thursday at around 10:22 p.m. a gas leak from a Maharashtra plant in Badlapur had been reported.

People in the area had breathing difficulties. The leak ceased at 11:24 pm by the fire brigade. The situation is being monitored.

Nobody wounded,” Thane Municipal Corporation was quoted by news agency ANI as saying. According to the company, overheating caused a chemical reaction, which resulted in the gas leak.

A few people were admitted to nearby hospitals as a precaution and then released after receiving medical attention. “I was working in a nearby factory with my other coworkers.

We began to have breathing difficulties all of a sudden. We later learned that a gas leak had occurred in a nearby factory “ANI quoted a man as saying.

People were seen fleeing for their lives, but the situation was quickly brought under control after officials from the administration, police, and fire department reassured the public



Breaking news and analysis on politics, business, world national news, entertainment more. on hindustanherald.com

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store