Create an ETH address using MyEtherWallet
ANNOUNCEMENT: The Token Sale starts on February 1, 2018 at 8PM (GMT+8) and will end on February 28, 2018, 8PM (GMT+8). +10% extra tokens only on February 1 (Day2) and February 2 (Day3).
Disclaimer: We remit these instructions only as a guide for the the Token Sale. Contributors must do their own research and not solely rely on our guide below. We make no representations or warranties that the following material is precise and complete, or that any associated service will be reliable or function as described. Given this, all contributors are solely responsible for all risks associated in connection with using these services.
You can participate directly through the Hero Token smart-contract. This will work only for ETH. Installing and using MEW is not very difficult and can usually be done in just a few minutes.
Follow these steps:
1. Go to https://www.myetherwallet.com and enter a strong password of your choice. Click “Create New Wallet” to proceed.
2. “Download” your keystore file and save to a secure location. This is a digital copy of your wallet so be sure to store this in a secure folder or drive. Also, you will not be able to proceed without completing the download.
3. After you download the keystore file, you may proceed by clicking the “I understand. Continue.” button.
4. You will be led to your Private Key. It is very important that you save this in a secure location. Make sure no one else can access your Private Key. We recommend downloading and printing a paper wallet and storing this in a safe. Click “Save Your Address” to proceed.
5. Choose to access your wallet via private key. Unless you own physical wallets such as Ledger and Trezor, choosing to access via Private Key is the simplest option. Copy your Private Key into the box provided.
6. Once you copy your Private Key into the box, an “Unlock” button should appear on the right side of the page. Click on this to gain access to your wallet.
7. You have successfully set up your MEW account. You will see “Your Address” which pertains to your Public Ethereum address. Use this to create your Hero Dashboard account. Note that you will still need to fund your wallet in order to participate in the Token Sale. Check out our guide on sending contributions using MEW here: https://medium.com/@HeroToken/how-to-send-contributions-using-myetherwallet-a0bed0ab95f1