Signing Messages — General Tutorial
ANNOUNCEMENT: The Token Sale starts on February 1, 2018 at 8PM (GMT+8) and will end on February 28, 2018, 8PM (GMT+8). +10% extra tokens only on February 1 (Day2) and February 2 (Day3).
Disclaimer: We remit these instructions only as a guide for the the Token Sale. Contributors must do their own research and not solely rely on our guide below. We make no representations or warranties that the following material is precise and complete, or that any associated service will be reliable or function as described. Given this, all contributors are solely responsible for all risks associated in connection with using these services.
DO NOT SEND ETH DIRECTLY FROM AN EXCHANGE (KRAKEN, COINBASE, POLONIEX).
DO NOT USE JAXX TO SEND CONTRIBUTIONS (IT HAS NO OPTION TO SIGN MESSAGES AND DOES NOT SUPPORT ERC20 TOKENS).
DO NOT USE MULTI-SIGNATURE WALLETS AS THEY ARE NOT SUPPORTED AND YOUR TRANSACTION WILL NOT BE SUCCESSFUL.
YOUR ETH ADDRESS SHOULD BE THE SAME ONE YOU USED TO REGISTER YOUR HERO TOKEN DASHBOARD ACCOUNT.
This is a general guide on how to sign messages on Bitcoin, Dash and Litecoin transactions. You don’t need to sign the transaction if you contribute in ETH (Ethereum).
Follow these steps :
1. After sending your Bitcoin (or BTC, XRP, LTC WAVES…) Transaction, go to your Wallet App/Page and look for the “Sign a Message” function. Your wallet should offer this function if you are holding the private key.
2. Be sure you know your “FROM” address. This is the address from which you sent your contribution from.
3. Choose to sign your “FROM” address and type your Ethereum address into the message field.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT PUT ANY OTHER TEXT IN THE MESSAGE ASIDE FROM YOUR ADDRESS. DOING SO WILL CAUSE AN ERROR
4. Double check that your Ethereum address is correct. This cannot be undone, edited or changed afterwards — and then confirm your signature.
5. You will get a “Signature” after this. Select and copy everything starting from “Begin Signature” until “End Signature”.
6. Copy the “Signature” and post it along with your “FROM” address and ETH address.
7. Copy and paste your signature on the designated form on our website.
That’s it, you’re done!