Shell Graduate program 2023
Shell has opened its applications for its graduate program 2023.
JOIN US IN POWERING CHANGE
We are looking for graduates who share our purpose to power progress and our culture of inclusion, collaboration, and care. We’ll give you the support you need to forge your own path, and you’ll have real responsibilities and meaningful projects to work on right from the start.
WHERE YOU FIT IN
Shell’s purpose is to power progress together, by providing more and cleaner energy solutions. We believe that rising standards of living for a growing global population are likely to continue to drive demand for energy, including oil and gas, for years to come. At the same time, technology changes and the need to tackle climate change means there is a transition underway to a lower-carbon, multi-source energy system.
As one of the world’s leading energy companies, Shell plays a key role in meeting the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally, and socially responsible ways. There has never been a more exciting time to be part of the energy industry. Join us in our ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, and sooner if that is possible.
Shell is one of the most diversified international energy company in India with over 10,000 employees and presence across upstream, integrated gas, downstream, renewable energy, and deep capabilities in R&D, digitalization, and business operations. With a focus on digitization and future ready sustainable solutions, the company is nurturing a vibrant ecosystem in India to accelerate energy innovations with Shell E4 for start-ups, Shell Eco-marathon and investments in new energy companies. Shell also remains committed to making positive contributions to the communities in which it operates through programmes like NXplorers, Access to Energy and Road Safety across India.
This posting covers all roles across the Commercial, Corporate, and Technical programme. Shell matches you into a particular role based on your skills, so you will not be required to apply for a specific Shell position. However, if you are interested in a specific role, you can express your interest.
DEADLINE: The deadline for application is 31st July 2023. Early application is strongly recommended as Shell recruits on a rolling basis.
WHAT’S THE ROLE?
Our Graduate Programme is a rigorous development framework of specific competences, business-critical capabilities, and critical experiences that will enable you to become a competitive professional by the end of your 3-year programme.
Right from the start, you will be given a challenging hands-on role, working in a diverse, global environment. You will be supervised and mentored with frequent reviews as part of a structured development programme. You will also be learning alongside brilliant people from all over the world, with the resources and support to explore new ways of thinking and working — all in all, an unbeatable experience.
We know that learning is key to developing yourself both personally and professionally. The Graduate programme encompasses a learning framework that includes internal and external courses, as well as on-the-job learning, designed to help you gain the skills you need to succeed. You can have a purpose-driven career at Shell. The work you’ll do every day will have a positive impact on your life, your community, and the world
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
You should enjoy being challenged, rather than being daunted or overwhelmed if a task seems impossible, you welcome the opportunity to be innovative. You also need to be good at absorbing information, analysing problems, making objective decisions, and coming up with original ideas. You should have the drive, and resilience to get things done, the flexibility to work well as part of a team and the credibility to influence others.
To be eligible for the Shell Graduate Programme :
- You must be in the final year of your post-graduation or have graduated with an advanced degree like Masters or PhD from a recognized university with less than 3 years’ work experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- You need to be an Indian citizen or Permanent Resident or have a valid work permit for India
- You are required to have graduated prior to your first day at Shell.
We believe in creating an inclusive culture and work environment where you can thrive, innovate and develop.
WHAT WE OFFER :
We’ll help you discover your potential with outstanding career opportunities. You’ll be able to continuously seek out new ideas and experiences ,collaborating with a global network of people, working on some of the most commercially and innovatively driven projects in the world.
Below are just few highlights of what we offer,all of which contributes towards making Shell a rewarding place to work.
- Excellent Flexibility and Work Life Balance
- Comprehensive financial rewards & benefits
- Working environment
- Development opportunities
Join the Shell Graduate Programme and Power Change from Day One.
Online Interview Tips:
Video interviews are the new normal. In an age of powerful technology, it’s no longer necessary or practical to bring candidates to you or to go to them. In fact, people are increasingly interviewed and hired without an in-person meeting. Here are ten tips on making sure you ace your next video interview:
- Know your time zones: The video allows us to speak across (great) distance. Make sure you’re clear if suggested interview times are in your time zone or the interviewers. Try converting the time zone according to your specific time zone.
Know your tech. Familiarize yourself with whatever technology the interviewer has asked you to use (Skype, Zoom, etc.). If you’ve never used the tool before, get comfortable with the interface in advance: how should your computer be positioned so the interviewer can see your face at a comfortable angle? Are your camera and microphone connected and working? Many people un internationally make a bad impact on the interviewers because of this.
- Minimize off-screen distractions. The only person you should be interacting with during a video interview is the interviewer.
- Choose a proper background: When choosing a space to show up for a video interview, be conscious of how the setting you’re calling from reflects on you: choose a well-lit room where you can sit in front of a neutral background.
- Avoid backlighting (when no one can see your face) and spotlighting (when you sit with light close to you and look like you’re telling a ghost story at a campfire).
- Be prepared for glitches. Distractions will happen. Technology will fail. Stuff will come up. Handle these smoothly and professionally.
- Be your best and authentic self. Being unfamiliar or uncomfortable with technology is not an excuse for a poor interview. As soon as you know you’ll be doing a video interview, do what it takes to feel confident and at ease on screen. If that means you need to practice in advance with a friend or colleague, do so.
- Emphasize your skills and Achievement: Focus on your skills and accomplishments, including high school/college coursework, volunteer and co-curricular activities, and your computer and language skills. Previous internships or work experiences are important as well as describing your transferable skills: communication, interpersonal, organization, strong analytical and problem solving, and more.
- Emphasize the Positive: You may be asked during the interview to give a list of your strengths and weaknesses. Remember in these types of questions to focus on the positive. When referring to weaknesses, recognize those things you feel you need to work on and quickly shift to actions you have taken to improve in this area. Specific examples can be helpful to illustrate your progress.
- Close the interview with confidence: The beginning and end of the interview can be the most crucial aspects of the interview. End your interview with confidence. Thank the interviewer for his/her time and ask when you may expect to hear back from the employer.
- Follow up the interview with a thank-you note: Take this opportunity to clarify a topic discussed in the interview and to reaffirm your interest in the organization and the internship. Send a thank-you note to everyone you interviewed on the day of your interview.
The questions you should prepare for:
- Tell me about yourself
- Why do you want to work at this company?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me about an experience when you made a mistake and how you fixed it?
- What are the three things you wish to see in the firm you are working for?
- Where do you see yourself in 3 years/5 years/10 years?
- Tell me about anything else which you have done or you are proud of but it is not in your resume?
- What are your expectations from the company or colleagues?
- What are your hobbies?
- Do you have any questions for us?
HexHybrids is a community group for students interested in emerging technologies. HexHybrids represents a versatile community of innovators developing and exploring Frontend, Backend, Cloud Computing, AI-ML, Cross-platform development, and many more.
We also provide technical, non-technical as well as career growth assistance to students pursuing various STEM fields such as computer science, electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, MBA, etc by highlighting active internships, jobs, scholarships, or free courses so that more and more people can apply for those and land a job.https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3360294984