Trellix is Hiring SOftware Engineering Interns
Trellix is Hiring for SOftware Engineering Interns through its internship drive 2022.
Job TitleSoftware Engineer — InternRole OverviewRole Overview:As a Software Engineer Intern, you will be working on a project with a specific business outcome aiding in the development of next-generation security solutions. Your input will be crucial to the success of our strategic mission to build industry-leading products that give the most consistent, reliable, and effective security experience to our enterprise customers. You’ll collaborate with senior architects, senior engineers, and other stakeholders to design and build innovative solutions to modern endpoint security challenges. This role is an opportunity for internship and eventually to join a new, major program to build an innovative, integrated product based on next-generation technology and thought-leadership in the security industry.You will be working as part of a strong, talented engineering team with both local and remote teams, from across the globe. You will collaborate with highly experienced engineers.This position is an integral part of the Trellix business segment. Trellix and its team members remain committed to keeping governments and enterprises safe. This role requires a highly motivated individual, with strong communication skills, quick learner, and initiative to overcome challengesCompany OverviewTrellix is a global company redefining the future of cybersecurity. The company’s open and native extended detection and response (XDR) platform helps organizations confronted by today’s most advanced threats gain confidence in the protection and resilience of their operations. Trellix’s security experts, along with an extensive partner ecosystem, accelerate technology innovation through machine learning and automation to empower over 40,000 business and government customers. More at .About The Role
- Develop well-structured, legible code that meets functional requirements, taking care to ensure quality and maintainability of your solutions. Follow the style and practices of Modern C++/Python development.
- Perform analysis and design using object-oriented techniques and, where applicable, learn and apply software design patterns to devise elegant solutions that can be easily maintained and extended.
- Participate in code reviews within the team and with senior engineers.
- Write unit-tests to verify the integrity of your code and work with Automation Engineers to help devise automated functional tests.
- Follow engineering processes to ensure the highest quality products and contribute to innovation on Windows or Linux platforms.
- Develop automation framework using Python or similar tools.
- Work with OS in virtual environments like VM-Workstation, ESX server.
- Participate in security concepts & testing and develop code in Cloud technologies like AWS.
- Work with global Engineering Teams, Security and Operations colleagues to ensure best practices are followed while designing new solutions and services.
- Design, implement, document, and constantly improve in house tools, monitoring and automation to deploy and promote code across the different tiers of the software lifecycle on cloud technologies.
- Excellent programming and technical skills with either C++, Java, or Python.
- Good Knowledge on Data Structures, RDBMS concepts, Computer Networks & OS concepts.
- Some experience with development tools such as Visual Studio, Visual Studio Debugger, WinDbg or other kernel-debuggers.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to listen, adapt and influence are essential.
- Excellent ability to break down complex software systems with application of problem-solving skills; ability to analyze and present results.
- Knowledge in CyberSecurity, usage of dynamic analysis tool is a plus.
- Experience/exposure in AWS and/or any cloud technology will be added advantage.
- Experience/exposure in Machine Learning will be added advantage.
Company Benefits And PerksWe work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We’re serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Online Interview Tips:
Video interviews are the new normal. In an age of powerful technology, it’s no longer necessary or practical to bring candidates to you or to go to them. In fact, people are increasingly interviewed and hired without an in-person meeting. Here are ten tips on making sure you ace your next video interview:
- Know your time zones: The video allows us to speak across (great) distance. Make sure you’re clear if suggested interview times are in your time zone or the interviewers. Try converting the time zone according to your specific time zone.
Know your tech. Familiarize yourself with whatever technology the interviewer has asked you to use (Skype, Zoom, etc.). If you’ve never used the tool before, get comfortable with the interface in advance: how should your computer be positioned so the interviewer can see your face at a comfortable angle? Are your camera and microphone connected and working? Many people un internationally make a bad impact on the interviewers because of this.
- Minimize off-screen distractions. The only person you should be interacting with during a video interview is the interviewer.
- Choose a proper background: When choosing a space to show up for a video interview, be conscious of how the setting you’re calling from reflects on you: choose a well-lit room where you can sit in front of a neutral background.
- Avoid backlighting (when no one can see your face) and spotlighting (when you sit with light close to you and look like you’re telling a ghost story at a campfire).
- Be prepared for glitches. Distractions will happen. Technology will fail. Stuff will come up. Handle these smoothly and professionally.
- Be your best and authentic self. Being unfamiliar or uncomfortable with technology is not an excuse for a poor interview. As soon as you know you’ll be doing a video interview, do what it takes to feel confident and at ease on screen. If that means you need to practice in advance with a friend or colleague, do so.
- Emphasize your skills and Achievement: Focus on your skills and accomplishments, including high school/college coursework, volunteer and co-curricular activities, and your computer and language skills. Previous internships or work experiences are important as well as describing your transferable skills: communication, interpersonal, organization, strong analytical and problem solving, and more.
- Emphasize the Positive: You may be asked during the interview to give a list of your strengths and weaknesses. Remember in these types of questions to focus on the positive. When referring to weaknesses, recognize those things you feel you need to work on and quickly shift to actions you have taken to improve in this area. Specific examples can be helpful to illustrate your progress.
- Close the interview with confidence: The beginning and end of the interview can be the most crucial aspects of the interview. End your interview with confidence. Thank the interviewer for his/her time and ask when you may expect to hear back from the employer.
- Follow up the interview with a thank-you note: Take this opportunity to clarify a topic discussed in the interview and to reaffirm your interest in the organization and the internship. Send a thank-you note to everyone you interviewed on the day of your interview.
The questions you should prepare for:
- Tell me about yourself
- Why do you want to work at this company?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me about an experience when you made a mistake and how you fixed it?
- What are the three things you wish to see in the firm you are working for?
- Where do you see yourself in 3 years/5 years/10 years?
- Tell me about anything else which you have done or you are proud of but it is not in your resume?
- What are your expectations from the company or colleagues?
- What are your hobbies?
- Do you have any questions for us?
HexHybrids is a community group for students interested in emerging technologies. HexHybrids represents a versatile community of innovators developing and exploring Frontend, Backend, Cloud Computing, AI-ML, Cross-platform development, and many more.
We also provide technical, non-technical as well as career growth assistance to students pursuing various STEM fields such as computer science, electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, MBA, etc by highlighting active internships, jobs, scholarships, or free courses so that more and more people can apply for those and land a job.