upGrad is hiring for Campus Internship Program
upGrad is hiring for Campus Internship Program.
Job Location: Bangalore (Physical office joining)/ Fully Remote
About the company
Want to join #1 Startup in #LinkedInTopStartups 2020? Here is your chance!
upGrad is an online education company co-founded by Ronnie Screwvala. We create
cutting-edge online courses for working professionals in Data Sciences, Software Engineering and Management. Some of our successful programs, such as Data Science, Machine Learning & AI, Big Data Engineering, Blockchain Development, Digital Marketing, Product Management, MBA, etc. intake a few thousand students every year.
upGrad Campus is a new college focussed subsidiary under upGrad based out of Bangalore. The flagship product of Upgrad Campus is providing a complete platform with higher education content, technology and associated support and services to Universities and students to enable Online Learning.
UpGrad Campus is all set to become the central nervous system to the modern Indian education framework. At UpGrad Campus, we are determined to redesign the future of college education. We aim to make great quality education easily accessible to India’s youth.
We are a dynamic, fast-paced workspace that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit. A successful member of our team is a self-starter, enthusiastic, and highly motivated professional who is eager to achieve high growth in new avenues. Being part of a fast-growing business, this role offers very exciting learning and growth opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
At upGrad Campus, we seek to provide a comprehensive internship program for undergraduates to ensure an easy transition into the job market. For recent graduates, the current job environment can be characterized as one that is highly competitive and demands a tough learning curve. We aim to create and curate a space that breaks them into the work culture at their own pace, yet in a thorough, detail-oriented manner.
What more about the Internship?
- Exposure across departments through the course of your internship
- The duration of the internship is 3 months and would be either in our Bangalore office or fully remote.
- Joining from the first week of October’21
What are our requirements?
- Pursuing Bachelors/Masters Degree, MBA or recent graduate up to 2 years.
- Demonstrate experience in communicating higher educational concepts and processes using clear, simple language and visuals
- Comfortable working in a diverse group and contributing to an inclusive culture
- Strong communication skills and experience in managing various stakeholders
- Love to deliver and be overactive, individually and as a team player.
- Stipend: Rs. 5,000- 30,000 per month based on skills and location
Online Interview Tips:
Video interviews are the new normal. In an age of powerful technology, it’s no longer necessary or practical to bring candidates to you or to go to them. In fact, people are increasingly interviewed and hired without an in-person meeting. Here are ten tips on making sure you ace your next video interview:
- Know your time zones: The video allows us to speak across (great) distance. Make sure you’re clear if suggested interview times are in your time zone or the interviewers. Try converting the time zone according to your specific time zone.
Know your tech. Familiarize yourself with whatever technology the interviewer has asked you to use (Skype, Zoom, etc.). If you’ve never used the tool before, get comfortable with the interface in advance: how should your computer be positioned so the interviewer can see your face at a comfortable angle? Are your camera and microphone connected and working? Many people un internationally make a bad impact on the interviewers because of this.
- Minimize off-screen distractions. The only person you should be interacting with during a video interview is the interviewer.
- Choose a proper background: When choosing a space to show up for a video interview, be conscious of how the setting you’re calling from reflects on you: choose a well-lit room where you can sit in front of a neutral background.
- Avoid backlighting (when no one can see your face) and spotlighting (when you sit with light close to you and look like you’re telling a ghost story at a campfire).
- Be prepared for glitches. Distractions will happen. Technology will fail. Stuff will come up. Handle these smoothly and professionally.
- Be your best and authentic self. Being unfamiliar or uncomfortable with technology is not an excuse for a poor interview. As soon as you know you’ll be doing a video interview, do what it takes to feel confident and at ease on screen. If that means you need to practice in advance with a friend or colleague, do so.
- Emphasize your skills and Achievement: Focus on your skills and accomplishments, including high school/college coursework, volunteer and co-curricular activities, and your computer and language skills. Previous internships or work experiences are important as well as describing your transferable skills: communication, interpersonal, organization, strong analytical and problem solving, and more.
- Emphasize the Positive: You may be asked during the interview to give a list of your strengths and weaknesses. Remember in these types of questions to focus on the positive. When referring to weaknesses, recognize those things you feel you need to work on and quickly shift to actions you have taken to improve in this area. Specific examples can be helpful to illustrate your progress.
- Close the interview with confidence: The beginning and end of the interview can be the most crucial aspects of the interview. End your interview with confidence. Thank the interviewer for his/her time and ask when you may expect to hear back from the employer.
- Follow up the interview with a thank-you note: Take this opportunity to clarify a topic discussed in the interview and to reaffirm your interest in the organization and the internship. Send a thank-you note to everyone you interviewed on the day of your interview.
The questions you should prepare for:
- Tell me about yourself
- Why do you want to work at this company?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me about an experience when you made a mistake and how you fixed it?
- What are the three things you wish to see in the firm you are working for?
- Where do you see yourself in 3 years/5 years/10 years?
- Tell me about anything else which you have done or you are proud of but it is not in your resume?
- What are your expectations from the company or colleagues?
- What are your hobbies?
- Do you have any questions for us?
HexHybrids is a community group for students interested in emerging technologies. HexHybrids represents a versatile community of innovators developing and exploring Frontend, Backend, Cloud Computing, AI-ML, Cross-platform development, and many more.
We also provide technical, non-technical as well as career growth assistance to students pursuing various STEM fields such as computer science, electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, MBA, etc by highlighting active internships, jobs, scholarships, or free courses so that more and more people can apply for those and land a job.