Top 5 Liner Highlights on Startups
Highlight and save your favorite text on “Liner”
19 Highlights — http://lnr.li/mFLgo
- I’ve had the luxury of working out of my closet for the past 5 years.
- What are the economic costs and benefits of working remotely?
- I’ve met plenty of high-paid developers who live up in the mountains, or who jet around the world, living out of hotels.
- Remote workers were 13% more productive than on-site workers.
- Workers spend more than an hour per day commuting to and from their office.
18 Highlights — http://lnr.li/y8WEK
- When companies, organizations, and individuals began to blog, the whole structure of power regarding how information gets distributed began to shift from a centralized channel.
- Build as big of an audience as you can to center their attention on your website and your blog.
- HubSpot, has more than 2 million visitors come every month to its blog, and content generates more leads for our company than any other source by a long shot.
- You could post it to your company blog, where the traffic may not be as great but the objective of getting people to your site is more directly achieved.
- Publishing content outside your core blog has grown in practice.
13 Highlights — http://lnr.li/QFcCB
- Imagine you are reading a long article on your mobile phone.
- You want to read further without being distracted and then turn back to it.
- Why can’t I just mark the things I may want to turn back to and continue whatever I do, reading, browsing etc…
- So the idea is, double tap* on any point to leave a mark on scroll bar, and tap on that marker to turn there.
- Many markers can be added, each having another color for being easily distinguished.
41 Highlights — http://lnr.li/jJXVo
- A meme, from the Greek “mimeme” (to imitate) was “a unit of cultural transmission, or a unit of imitation.”
- Dancing Baby: Considered the granddaddy of Internet memes, the baby shuffling to Blue Swede’s “Hooked on a Feeling”.
- A Canadian art student made a webpage with 392 hamster GIFs as a tribute to her pet rodent.
- “All your base are belong to us” originated in a cut scene in the Japanese video game “Zero Wing.”
- Chuck Norris was the Internet’s first “most interesting man in the world,”
8 Highlights — http://lnr.li/pWib9
- I shared some thoughts on Email-First Startups, highlighting successful businesses like AngelList, Timehop, and Thrillist.
- I’ve always admired the simplicity of email and perhaps the irony of building a business in this day.
- 8 months after that post, I started Product Hunt, a daily email of new tech products. Within the first week, hundreds of folks subscribed.
- But email has always been core to Product Hunt, a morning routine for hundreds of thousands of people.
- Starting today, you’ll receive a daily digest created just for you, created by the people and things you follow on Product Hunt.
Highlight and Save Your Favorite Text on Liner