From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to remove the engineering burden from data teams by standardizing and fully automating data connectors. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values:
Always do the right thing, even when it’s harder in the short run.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. If you see an opportunity to improve something, seize it!
We trust our teammates to do their part. Our customers trust our product to do what we say it does.
We seek out teammates who share our values and drive, not people who are exactly like us. We’re building a company that works for everyone. At Fivetran, you can always be your authentic self.
Many of the assumptions in our industry are wrong. We hire smart people and make decisions by reasoning from first principles.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. And we go above and beyond for each other.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of engineers and coordinate with other stakeholders at the company including Product Management, Support Engineers, and Sales Engineers. You will take full responsibility for the quality, efficiency, and reliability of your focus areas; additionally, you will build and maintain a team that reliably delivers excellent results while maintaining a culture of engagement, fairness, and continuous improvement.
This is a full time position based out of our Oakland office.
As an Engineering Manager at Fivetran you will:
- Develop engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers
- Recruit engineers that are amongst the best in the industry, from outreach through close
- Diagnose and resolve obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software
- Manage the processes necessary to operate the team effectively
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering management team
- Foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor
- You have 4+ years of experience in a software engineering management role
- You have 4+ years of experience working as a software engineer
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to motivate teams to produce high quality software
- Aptitude in decision making and problem-solving
- Demonstrated competency in project and program leadership
- Ability to develop and communicate an effective vision and get buy-in from stakeholders
- Ability to assess and iterate within an evolving software and services environment
Perks of working with us:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401k match program
- Pet Insurance — and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter Benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Unlimited coffee, office snacks and frequent catered lunches
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities