@ BRIT + CO
Brit + Co is a new media and commerce company that enables creativity through inspirational content, online classes and do-it-yourself kits. We’re looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our growing team who is passionate about our mission to change people’s lives through creativity. Our ideal candidate is excited about the opportunity to help shape our media and commerce platforms. We believe in component based architectures, micro-services, and continuous deployment. We ship new features multiple times every day, and design beautiful experiences with code. This is a full time role based in San Francisco, CA.
- Writing, documenting and reviewing user-interface code.
- Working with product designers to conceptualize and build new user-facing features.
- Rapidly scaling our system architecture.
- Promoting technical-growth of your peers through mentorship and teamwork.
The right engineer for this role is independent, self-motivated, and enjoys tackling large challenges at scale. We’re looking for folks with hard skills, a good attitude and demonstrated successful experience. In addition, the right person for this role should have:
- 4+ years experience building web applications.
- Experience using client-side MV* frameworks, such as AngularJS.
- Strong grasp of how modern browsers work and render content.
- Expertise building complex HTML/CSS layouts.
- Experience investigating and improving client-side performance is a plus.
- Experience working in a startup environment — ideally in a startup in rapid growth phase.
- An undergraduate or advanced degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent experience.