Front-End Web Developer
@ ( RED )
ONE is a global campaign and advocacy organization co-founded by Bono and backed by nearly seven million people from around the world and every walk of life that are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world leaders to account for the promises made to the poorest, and we press them to support better policies and more effective aid and trade reform. We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy, accountability and transparency so these resources can be effectively deployed. ONE has offices in Berlin, Brussels, Johannesburg, London, New York City, Paris and Washington DC.
(RED), a division of the ONE Campaign, transforms the collective power of consumers into a financial force to help others in need. (RED) works with the world’s most iconic brands — including Apple, Coca-Cola, Belvedere, Bank of America, and Starbucks — to drive contributions to the Global Fund. To date, (RED) has contributed more than $350 million to the Global Fund and over 70 million people have been reached with testing, counseling, treatment, and other services due to HIV/AIDS programs that (RED) supports.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
(RED) is currently searching for an intermediate front end web developer to work on RED.org and (RED)’s audience email program on a long-term, part-time basis. The right candidate will have experience working on high-profile brands and be the go-to expert for web and email development at (RED). This is a part time position (not to exceed 20 hours per week), reporting to (RED)’s Senior Manager of Marketing. Location for this position is flexible.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Maintain and proactively identify potential fixes and improvements for RED.org.
- Build (RED) consumer emails at the direction of a Content Manager.
- Collaborate with a Creative Director on the design of RED.org webpages and sections, and then build out those pages.
- Monitor RED.org for potential bugs, and then fix them before they become a larger issue.
- Manage third party website and email integrations for (RED), such as Salesforce, Movable Ink and Google Analytics.
- Design new RED.org templates that are written with clean, efficient and user-friendly code.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Expert knowledge of the Wordpress platform. You know the platform inside and out.
- A solid grasp of user experience and user interface design.
- An intense attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and how to implement tracking items such as Conversion Goals into a website.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, search engine optimization, A/B testing, and leveraging APIs is a plus
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit an application, a resume and portfolio link to our jobs page. Candidates that do not submit cover letters will not be considered. Please be advised that is a rolling recruitment, and that we will conclude the process once the right person has been selected for the job. We thank all candidates for their interest; however we are only able to contact those who we decide to interview. No phone calls please.
Only candidates that are able to work in the US without restriction need apply.