Everyone here at Accompany is essential. We’re a small yet mighty group of high-achieving engineers, product gurus, customer champions and world-class designers — all working together to build a better way to connect. Our office is a whirlwind of brainstorms, collaboration, and just plain execution, fueled by some of the best food and drinks the Bay has to offer.
As a Software Engineer at Accompany you’ll work alongside CTO and co-founder Matthias Ruhl, a 9-year Google veteran with extensive experience with large scale systems who helped push the Google Analytics backend beyond 900,000 requests/second. He’s an MIT PhD who won the ACM programming competition, and still helps judge it.
The engineering team at Accompany is lean, agile, and rapid-fire, so the projects we work on are constantly changing based on our priorities. Every member of the team gets great exposure to our full stack from server to client, so there are countless opportunities to solve problems across the entire breadth of our codebase.
- BS in CS or related fields from a competitive university. MS or PhD a plus
- Experience in developing web and/or mobile apps (iOS a big plus)
- Programming experience in one or more of C/C++, Ruby, Objective-C, ClojureScript
- Solid foundation in Computer Science (algorithms, data structures, software design)
- Great attitude and ability to thrive and learn in a blazingly fast-paced environment
- Experience being a generalist — curiosity about and ability to work on different parts of the system (backend, front-end, mobile, data mining)
- Experience in implementing large scale data processing systems
- Solid knowledge of UNIX/Linux, AWS
Accompany is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HireHer is dedicated to helping women in tech find jobs they love, at companies they admire.
Please recommend & share this job with your friends and join us on our quest to shrink the gender diversity gap in tech. Find us on Twitter and say hi :)