Head of UX Design
SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading provider of web-based survey solutions, and we’re looking to transform the way people make decisions. We’re a smart, passionate group of people who work hard to deliver the best survey experiences on the planet, period. We believe everyone deserves easy access to the information and insights they need to make better, more informed decisions.
We’re also proud to admit that despite our incredible growth over the past 16 years, we refuse to grow up. We stay curious. We believe in good ol’ roll-up-your-sleeves scrappiness. Everyone plays an impactful role, because we’re here to make a difference. And when we say good ideas can come from anyone, we mean it.
SurveyMonkey is trusted by millions of customers, including 99% of the Fortune 500, as well as other businesses, academic institutions and organizations of all shapes and sizes. We collect 3 million survey responses daily from people in all countries around the world.
SurveyMonkey grows via word of mouth, and excellent UX design is absolutely essential to our success. We succeed for our customers and shareholders only if our products are easy to use. SurveyMonkey must be a home for great UX design, and great UX designers. We are looking for a UX design executive to lead our efforts. The Head of UX Design will be a major driver of our overall product vision, strategy and delivery: defining and promoting UX principles; fostering a true user-centered design process; and advocating for users. The successful candidate will be an inspirational people leader, not only for the UX design team but for SurveyMonkey as a whole. You will be a key driver of our global brand refresh initiative and will bring it to life with innovative design and an engaging user experience from start to finish.
- As head of product design, you will build a culture of collaborative excellence, both within our UX team and across our entire company
- Focus our UX team’s work on the customer and business problems with the biggest impact
- Develop talented UX designers into world-class practitioners and leaders in their own right
- Attract, empower and retain talented UX Designers, helping us accelerate while staying a great place to work
- Scale our UX team–articulating guiding principles, establishing “just enough” process, defining success metrics, updating our job level structure–to ensure the team’s health & success over the long term
- Serve as a representative for SurveyMonkey in the broader design community
- Successfully partner and collaborate with the creative direction provided by our Marketing Communications Creative team, including brand guidelines and brand design
- Several years experience leading large-scale consumer web and/or mobile product design efforts, both as a principal designer, and as a people manager with more than 5 direct reports
- Must have hired, mentored, and coached designers at varying levels
- Experience leading a UX design team that has included Interaction Design, Visual Design, UX Research, and (ideally) Prototyping.
- Expertise creating and maintaining a design pattern program in partnership with software engineering
- Recognized as a UX thought leader e.g. presenting at events like CHI or Siggraph; publishing (or having your work featured in) reputable articles on UX
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer.