Location: This position can be based in SF, or remote in the U.S.
Our product team is small but growing. This role presents an opportunity to have a very large and meaningful impact on the future of the company. You’ll be working very closely with engineers to build more useful and accessible products. You’ll also be working with data scientists and our political team to ensure our work is tailored for our customers. We are looking for designers who are comfortable with technology but are grounded in proven design principles. You may be a generalist or more focused on UX or visual design. In either case you should have a great eye for design and a repeatable process for delivering great work.
- Identify gaps and areas for improvement in our existing products.
- Driving the design process through ideation, research, prototyping, and visual design.
- Collaborate closely within the product team to iterate on existing features and imagine new ones.
- Crafting designs that connect the dots between user needs, data, business goals, and political impact.
Preferred skills and experience
- 3+ years of experience as a product or ux designer.
- At least 1 year of experience working on an in-house product team
- A strong visual aesthetic, experience creating visual systems and patterns, and delivering production-ready designs.
- A passion for civic engagement and politics.
- Conceptual thinking that balances user needs, business goals, and design patterns
- Familiarity with Sketch, prototyping, HTML, and CSS
- Bonus: Experience designing data visualizations to help illustrate complex information
- Bonus: Experience using data science as part of the design process
- Bonus: Experience committing your own front-end changes via github
How to apply
firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include your resume and a link to your design portfolio or work samples)