Senior Front End Engineer
At NerdWallet, we are passionate about building delightful user experiences and creating consumer products that impact millions of users. We are looking for talented Senior Front End Engineers who will help us innovate and shape our products and services as we expand into new verticals. Our engineers are dedicated to changing how consumers interact with their finances and work in partnership with product owners and designers to evolve our product into a clean and seamless experience. Along with excellent design and programming skills, the successful candidate will have the passion to challenge, extend and improve our existing front-end framework so that we can create exceptional user experiences across our suite of financial tools and services.
NerdWallet Engineering offers a culture of constant learning and knowledge sharing; we are passionate about metrics and experimentation. Engineers are organized into cross-functional multidisciplinary teams and work closely with stakeholders. Our stack is based on Node and React, and we continue to expand our toolbox to use the best technologies for the job.
Where you can make an impact
- Design and lead the development efforts of scalable, highly leverageable solutions that become part of the toolkit NerdWallet needs so we can quickly and efficiently create delightful web based experiences that improve the lives for millions of users.
- Collaborate with the rest of the development group on the introduction new technologies and best practices as needed to solve business problems.
- Implement product features that have a direct impact on user engagement and monetization.
- Participate in product and feature discovery discussions with Product Managers.
- Consumer focused: You are passionate about creating web applications that improve the lives for millions of users and building delightful user experiences.
- Communication and collaboration: You are able to work effectively with others. You will be working closely with other engineers, designers, product managers, user research scientists and customer groups to build product features and high quality products.
- High-energy, company first, positive attitude: Must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment.
- Leadership: You have demonstrated feature development ownership, can lead by example and enjoy mentoring and inspiring other engineers.
- 5+ years of engineering experience with a proven track record of building consumer web applications or services.
- We welcome familiarity with asset building through pre-processors (LESS/SASS) and ES6.
- Familiarity with Single Page Application Frameworks (React, Angular, Backbone), responsive design and MVC design patterns.
- Experience with Node.js and isomorphic rendering a plus.
- Strong understanding, building and debugging of scalable, high performance web applications built with reusability and componentization in mind.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field preferred. You should be able to demonstrate superior understanding of CS fundamentals.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
HireHer is dedicated to helping women in tech find jobs they love, at companies they admire.
Please recommend & share this job with your friends and join us on our quest to shrink the gender diversity gap in tech. Find us on Twitter and say hi :)