Senior Software Engineer, Platform
You are energized by sharing knowledge and working closely with a team. You thrive on building a foundation for future products, and implementing solutions in the present. You value programming over specialization, and consider yourself a true generalist.
Our Platform team is looking for a Full Stack engineer to help build the future of VSCO products. You will work with the newest technologies and have the autonomy to create work without being micromanaged. Your voice will be valued in both internal projects as well as in consumer-facing products. We are a tight-knit, collaborative team.
- Lead development of new features for the future of the VSCO Platform, including APIs and services
- Collaborate with people across engineering/creative to deliver and launch projects
- Help the growth of the platform team by actively participating in code reviews, paired programming, training, and mentoring
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience with shipping production code in Go, Node.js, and/or PHP
- Proficient with web languages and NoSQL databases, Go, MySql, Mongo, Redis and experience with OAuth and RESTful APIs
- Passionate about beautiful design and strong desire to contribute to a small team with Lean methodologies
- Ability to think of business concerns beyond engineering and experience working with cross-functional feature teams
Nice to have
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Experience with ecommerce — preferably Braintree
- A personal connection to photography
VSCO® is an art and technology company empowering and inspiring people everywhere to create, discover, and connect. Founded in 2011, VSCO is based in Oakland, CA.
Free delicious lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, flexible vacation policy, and paid trips to conferences. Relocation assistance provided.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want people who are driven, who demonstrate initiative in taking our digital tools to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We want an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
HireHer is dedicated to helping women in tech find jobs they love, at companies they admire.
Please recommend & share this job with your friends and join us on our quest to shrink the gender diversity gap in tech. Find us on Twitter and say hi :)