We’re looking for smart, curious engineers who want to help millions of people experience the thrill of live entertainment. The ticketing industry is messy, complex, and ultimately makes attending live events more difficult than it should be; we believe a clever application of software can help fix that.
SeatGeek is a product-centric organization that deploys code into production multiple times per day. Our platform is built using a service-oriented architecture and we strive to use the best language for the task at hand. We make it a priority to open source what we can.
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience, or a Comp Sci degree (or equivalent*).
- Experience building web apps. We’ll be interested in checking out what you have worked on.
- Passion for software craftsmanship and product; you have well-considered opinions about how software should work, both inside and out.
- Expertise with at least one language (French does not count), and experience with several others.
The Tools We Use
You absolutely do not need experience with all of these, but we thought you might be curious:
- Languages: Python (our primary language), Go, PHP (the seatgeek.com application)
- Datastores: MySQL, Redis and Elastic Search
- Server: Nginx, Tornado and flask for Python, all running on AWS
- Version control: Git
- Monitoring: Graphite/StatsD, NewRelic, Graylog