Plaid is driven by the desire to create an amazing developer experience and allow any developer to build the future of financial services. As a software engineer at Plaid, you’ll be supporting and building out our core API products. We’re heavily architected around decoupled services — so you could be working on our internal distributed systems framework that holds them all together, or building out the newest version of our API. Most of our back-end core systems are written in Go, but that’s not a prerequisite: We pick the right tool for the job, and have systems in Go, Node.js, Python and Scala.
When evaluating new members of the team, we try to focus on the following:
- Production experience, core fundamentals, and a mastery of at least one language
- A product mindset: You understand that building the right tools and systems can impact millions of users
- Someone who actively considers the fine balance between shipping speed and perfection
- A degree in engineering, CS, physics, math, statistics, or philosophy — and a strong track record of building interesting projects
- Experience writing test-driven software for a startup or large tech company and a portfolio of finished products that demonstrates your technical chops
- Hacker mentality, with the ability to go from data processing to sysadmin at a moment’s notice