History of yesterday - Submission Requirements and Guidelines
We are happy that you want to write for our publication as well as support our publication in order to share our knowledge to the interested public. We are in the look for all types of historic value from all different nations and places around the world.
We will publish one article per writer a day so please be patient as all your submitted articles will be published. We expect at least one two articles per week as we like to keep our followers entertained.
Submission Rules and Requirements
- We accept only unpublished drafts.
- Please make sure that this is your own work and there are no copyright or plagiarism incidents. We entrust our writers to be mature and well aware of such things.
- Make sure that there are no errors or spelling mistakes. We do understand that you are a human and therefore mistakes are accepted however, please proofread your work before submission.
- All submissions must comply with Medium’s Rules and Ad-Free Policy.
- Stories that are part of the Partner’s Program must comply with Medium content Guidelines and Curation Guidelines.
- Please do not try to promote or sell something as this publication is with the intent to only portrait knowledge of historical value to the public.
- All submissions must be in English, (with the exception of specific phrases in different languages that must be explained or translated in brackets).
- Submissions must stay within the publication. We will remove writers that delete their work from the publication.
- Submissions must follow our guidelines.
- Stories and articles must be at least 600 words long!
- Please avoid using profanity.
- Your submission must have a historic theme!
Try to keep a formal writing style that is descriptive and interesting for the reader. Using complex words is great, however, if you are not good with them to try to avoid using them. Try to have good grammar as well as trying to keep a positive attitude whilst writing. We do not have complex guidelines as we like to offer creative freedom to the writer.
Just make sure to use one picture or photo between the title and the main body. You must use at least one picture or photo. The Image that you use must be copyright free. The image between the title/subtitle and the main body will be the featured photo for the article.
If your article is over 1000 words try to break the text into paragraphs as well as the use of subheadings. However, you can also use subheadings even with articles that are lower than 1000 words.
Requesting to become a writer
Please send an email to email@example.com with your Medium URL link to your profile as well as an unsubmitted draft that you wish to publish to our publication. You will receive a response in the maximum amount of a week to confirm if you have been accepted or not.
For other questions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.