Are you going to buy the latest ASIC from Bitmain? Or maybe to upgrade your stock firmware to the latest version? Think twice.
Firmware of new ASICs S19 from Bitmain is protected from re-flashing, and even an SD card won’t help. The same situation for the latest 17th series firmware. What does this mean? After getting such an ASIC or downloading the latest version of the firmware, you won’t be able to install the Hiveon ASIC firmware neither via web interface nor via the SD card. It will be impossible to “push” your equipment beyond its stock limits and to do the following:
- To earn more with overlocking (check here how profitable your ASICs can become with Hiveon ASIC firmware — for instance, overclocking your ASIC T17+, you can increase your profit by 31%!);
- To pay less for electricity with downvolting (for example, your ASIC S17E can consume almost 1400 kW less!);
- To get the best management system Hive OS for free (it is possible for Hiveon ASIC users);
- To protect your devices from viruses;
- To protect your devices from overheating and short circuits;
- To create schedules to perform the actions automatically;
- To tune chips to improve their performance;
- To maintain the chips’ temperature;
- To prevent the loss of money in case the hashrate drops below the norm;
- To do failure diagnostic in real time.
Therefore, don’t hurry to buy new Bitmain ASICs or to download the latest firmware: you will lose your freedom of action! If you still want to get an official firmware for your ASIC of the 17th series, we will be happy to help you. We have collected official firmware (released in 2019) that still allow remote re-flashing:
This firmware can still be re-flashed with Hiveon ASIC, so you will be able to get access to all the above-mentioned benefits.
Apart from this, we offer stock firmware with a built-in Hive OS client. To get it, follow this link, find your ASIC model, and then choose the “stock+client” folder. After downloading the file, you will get the stock Bitmain firmware and the client with the following features:
- Monitoring all your ASICs from a single dashboard
- Dividing ASICs by tags for easier monitoring
- Managing hundreds or thousands of devices at once
- Monitoring the activity of your team
- Setting up different access levels for your team
- Monitoring the “health” of your ASICs — if one of your devices is in danger, you will be notified and be able to protect the entire network
- Notifications to Telegram or Discord
- Statistic for 1 year
- 24/7 support from multilingual team.
As you can see, getting a new ASIC or the latest Bitmain firmware can deprive you of numerous benefits. Therefore, don’t hurry up to upgrade — there are much more interesting things to do (for instance, installing Hiveon ASIC firmware powered by MSKMINER).
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook — we will keep you informed of all the important news!
Mine safely and profitably!