Secure your account: Turn on 2FA
In this blog post we are going to tell you how to secure your account using 2FA and how you can turn it on.
One of the additional security measures on Hodl Hodl is the option to use Two-Factor authentication.
What is Two-Factor Authentication?
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is an advanced level of security for your account. It requires you to enter a 6-digit code every time you log into your account. To use 2FA, Hodl Hodl requires you to have a device with a 2FA application installed. We advise you to use Authy or Google Authenticator.
If you have enabled 2FA, and someone gains access to your account details, they still won’t be able to log-in without access to the code generated on your device.
How do I turn on Two-factor authentication for my Hodl Hodl account?
- Select “Profile settings” from the drop-down menu under your username.
- Navigate to the “Two-factor authentication” tab.
- Install a 2FA app on your phone.
- Enable 2FA access by entering your current account password.
- Copy the backup codes and store them securely.
- Scan the QR code or enter the code manually if you can’t use a barcode.
- Enter the authentication code displayed in your app after you have scanned the QR code, then click the “Enable 2-factor authentication” button.
When you have enabled Two-factor authentication, every time you log-in to your account you will be asked to enter the code generated in the app, in case you do not have access to the device, you can always use one of the recorded backup codes. No log-in attempt without the code will be permitted.
Also, consider other security measures offered by Hodl Hodl. Find more information in our FAQ section.
We have come up with a list of things everyone should remember in connection with the recent scam alert.
- Never open any suspicious links sent in the contract’s chat.
- We will never request your account / payment password. Never share your account details with anyone. Never disclose your payment password.
- Administrator’s messages in the contract’s chat are highlighted in yellow, all other messages are displayed in white/blue colors.
- Always pay attention to the user’s reputation and ratings.
- Don’t be fooled, trustful and legit traders would never trade with high deviations.
Please be careful and immediately report any unusual behaviour to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hodl Hodl trading platform: hodlhodl.com
- Lend at Hodl Hodl: lend.hodlhodl.com
- Predictions by Hodl Hodl: predictions.hodlhodl.com
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Blog: medium.com/@hodlhodl
- Twitter: twitter.com/hodlhodl
- Telegram: t.me/HodlHodl
- Reddit: hodlhodl.reddit.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/hhodl
- Youtube: youtube.com/hodlhodl