Happy new year — 2018 🎉
Stuff we did together in 2017 and what 2018 is cooking🎊
Hey there 👋 Happy New Year of 2018. I would like to thank you for reading our blog, your motivations and suggestions you send to me either in public or private. It is always nice to hear from you. Here is a highlight of what we made together in 2017 and what we think you will enjoy in 2018. 🙏🏻
A couple of things happened here at Hoo.gy in 2017. Here is a couple highlights of what this year will be remembered for:
- Started migration of front-end tech stack and blogged about it to help others avoid mistakes we made along the way.
- The effort was put to improve usability on smaller devices and enhancing browser features.
- The site is more user-friendly on mobile devices. Notifications have been improved to include local(client events).
- The helpdesk is accessible right from Messenger section. Similar features are grouped into more user-friendly(easy to use) feature. 🔥
- For example: You can start renting to friends right from Messenger, You have access to User Profile from Messenger which allows you to make decision based on a couple metrics(more coming soon). 🔥
- Inventory section allows you to add new items and edit existing items, without leaving item editor. Hey you can start sharing from Inventory too 👌. Or to remember board games you rented out to your cousin(goddamn it those guys never remember to return anything .. ever 🙅🏻).
- Started “The Productive Solopreneur” a series of articles designed to help non-technical solo-entrepreneurs have idea on which tools they can include in their daily workflows.(re-read first article here)
- Started “AppEconomy” a series of articles designed to help technical solo-entrepreneurs on business side of running their apps as a business.(re-read first article here)
- Added more content on Engineering blog, most of them about “AngularJS migration to Angular”, some on security. Looking back to readership, and how may people return back to read articles, there can’t be any rewarding thing as those writings. (You can re-read first article here.)
- Streamlined development in such a way new features and bug fixes goes to production as soon as possible(same day).
This new year comes with more goodies planned ahead for you. Most of them, are improvements on underlying system, messaging, synchronization, security and opening the platform so that it can integrate with other tools you already use.🙏🏻
- From experience, more readers I get on blog goes to technical readings. The plan is document more technical challenges as blog posts.
- There are 15 articles ready for “The Productive Solopreneur”. Each will be published every first day of every month. 🔥
- There are more than 10 articles for “AppEconomy”. I do not commit when those articles are going to be published, but if follow @hoopeez or @murindwaz on twitter, or here on Medium you will be the first to know when they are posted(hopefully on Tuesdays).
- I always had a plan to open some of our infrastructure so that other people can use them. E.g: Photo processing, Background Jobs, Wander our Slack bot(allows you to know when people rented some items from your listings, etc).
- Finalize “AngularJS migration” on engineering blog and add “Monolith to Microservices”(the plan is to release best practices while breaking down a monolith large scale app into microservice based architecture).🔥
- I got a sizeable requests to write for Simple, our Medium Publication. That is good. Even if I have no guidelines, I welcome genuine content intended to help everyone to change their lives, helping to save this only planet we call home by reducing over-consumption. Since I am a geek, Technical writeup are welcome. The rule of thumb is a cross posting(from your blog, or medium). I cannot guarantee to have time to review long submissions, so 3 minutes or less, spot on articles are ideal.🔥
I can’t do this without people who keep motivating me, and 300+ members currently using Hoo.gy. 🙏 Happy New Year of 2018, 2017 was a heck of ride, and can’t wait to see you all in 2018. Much Blessings.