Better Business Communications — introducing Edition 3: Human Factors and Change.
Our third edition of Human Factors and Change has a different flavour from our previous two. This edition examines skills and tools supporting our business communication efforts. What change and project professionals would not like a boost in this area?
We share our insights on communications tools that many change professionals use in practice. We call these tools “productivity stacks”, and these “stacks” are individual tools working together as an ecosystem. Using Grammarly.com and the Hemingway App to help our change communications — life is now easier!
- Your change communications. Reimagined.: Impactful Change Communications. Systemised. Reimagined. Here’s how.
Sharon Connolly is the founder of Change Superhero, a boutique organisational change organisation. Sharon shares her insights on the entrepreneurial skills for project and change professionals.
- Sharon Connolly’s top change management tips: “Any chance you can sprinkle some unicorn dust on my presentation?”
Our YouTube channel is growing — we have several brief videos covering my catch-up with Sharon. Our channel also has a volume of helpful one-minute videos for you to check out. We cover topics related to organisational change management.
We are all fighters in the war for attention spans, and how we engage stakeholder attention spans is as crucial as our content.
- Capturing attention spans: TikTok attention spans: What 3 stages help you evolve your impact and capture attention in 3 seconds?
- Breakthrough thinking to capture attention spans: Capturing Elusive Attention Spans? Breakthrough Thinking at last. Discover Now!
Our war on capturing attention span means we need easy, clever methods at our disposal. I have discovered from personal experience the power of videos. You don’t need to have an agency on-call to have polished, professional-grade videos, and it is possible to produce your own. Here’s how:
- Agile video production made simple: “But I’m a project professional — I can’t produce slick videos to influence others?”
People appear rational, but emotions sway us — and who doesn’t enjoy a game? Can we make a game of the change journey? Is it possible to gamify changes to customer or employee experience?
- Gamify your change for better project outcomes: Want to influence many people? Make a game of it
Simplifying complex ideas is a superpower. How often have you been asked to simplify a detailed report or lengthy (and tedious) presentation? Have you gotten stuck or bogged down in your analysis? We take one of the most practical concepts from McKinsey and Company, a leading management consulting firm. This concept is the Minto Principle, and we apply it to a presentation. Quite a tall order to show this in a 1:41 minute video: see how we did.
We also curate several articles from across the web for you. Each piece contains impressive, practical insights on better business communications.
- Curated thought leadership: Inspirational business communications articles: Third edition of Human Factors and Change
Our book — The Change Manager’s Companion — is now available for you to buy. Thanks to many of you who have bought our book. Please let me know your thoughts on this labour of love.
We also published an online course in organisational change management. Each topic is brief yet packed with practical insights. You will be among the first to register and become part of our learning community. I will keep an eye out for you if you do register for my course!
It was a pleasure creating our third edition for you. Please let us know what we could do better, differently or keep doing!