Integrating PagerDuty & Humio
Optimise Alerting with PagerDuty Notifications
As we’ve mentioned before, integrations are an important part of ensuring visibility into each of the systems you take advantage of. From the application layer, to the infrastructure layer, to your devops environment, Humio works to make sure observability is possible at every level.
The PagerDuty team thinks the same way; they work to move from insight to action, making incident response a clear and present part of your work. PagerDuty is a Digital Operations Management tool built to get the right set of eyes on problems as they develop.
With this in mind, we’ve teamed up to build an integration that brings the worlds of observability and oversight together with the world of incident response and devops monitoring. Bringing all the pieces together in one place helps give you the flexibility to build complex, monitored, observable systems. And Humio and PagerDuty easily integrates to make that job so much easier.
Once signed in, we go to PagerDuty and take the following steps:
- Head to the Configuration menu and select Services.
- Click on Add New Service.
- On the Services page, under the Integrations tab, you should see a button for New Integration. Click this.
- Under General Settings, as this is a new integration, enter a name (something easy to find like “Humio” will work well).
- Click the Add Service or Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your service.
- At this point, you should see an Integration Key. You’ll need this on the Humio side, so make sure to copy it.
After these steps, it’s time to move over to the Humio side to complete the integration. After signing in, take the following steps:
- Head to the Repos & Views tab to begin the Humio configuration.
- Click on Alerts and then select the Notifiers tab, then click on New Notifier.
- Under the Notifier Type drop down menu, pick PagerDuty.
- Give the Notifier a name, something easy to remember like “PagerDuty Critical”.
- Paste the Integration Key from PagerDuty into the PagerDuty Integration Key field.
- Click Create Notifier.
And voila! Easily done and now you have a glimpse into what’s going on with PagerDuty and Humio all in one place. Look through our docs for more guidance.