The fintech 1.0 revolution started with LendingClub, Coinbase, Robinhood and other consumer applications that helped to disrupt traditional business models through direct to consumer distribution, lower prices, and clever marketing.
We talk about the Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 a lot in our industry, but never is there much talk about the Fintech 2.0. Making fintech more open through the Application Programming Interface (API) is the Fintech 2.0, and Hydrogen is among a small group of firms leading the way into the future.
Just look at the staggering statistics from just the past few moths in the fintech API category:
- Stripe is now privately valued at $20 Billion.
- Plaid is now privately valued at $2.65 Billion.
- Quovo was purchased for $200 Million
- BBVA launched a Bank as a Service
Add to this the fact that PSD2 is set to open up the entire European banking industry, and firms like Alipay and Ripple are creating open payments infrastructure in Asia, we now have a global phenomenon that cannot be stopped.
Hydrogen Is The Future
“We are building the new Financial OS “— Hydrogen’s Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer Matt Kane
Take what Plaid has done well in a small vertical (in the U.S. only) and multiply it by 100. This is the staggering implication of the scale that Hydrogen can reach. Hydrogen is on the cusp of building the AWS, Salesforce, or Oracle of fintech, a truly horizontally scaled platform that is the driver of disruption and change globally.
Just imagine what this means? Our platform can be the one place where any financial business globally goes for:
- Financial engineering and core financial infrastructure
- Financial API connectivity
- Financial blockchain & tokenization
- Financial data warehousing, pipelines, and visualizations
- Financial platform design
- Financial AI and machine-learning
- Financial acquisition and lead gen applications
- Financial marketing analytics
- Financial security
- Financial UX libraries
- Financial white labeled apps
There is much more work to be done, and together we can achieve great things!
We are hiring for our NYC headquarters. The open-source Hydro blockchain project is growing exponentially, and already has 22 ambassadors globally that lead over 10,000 developers and evangelizers. If you are starting a new fintech venture, you can build a fintech app on top of Hydrogen Atom by signing up here.
Do you want to be part of the fintech 2.0 or sit on the sidelines? It is your choice, join us and our fintech peers in this new revolution…a financial revolution!