HSN Assists Shenzhen To Build An International Innovative City With Advanced 5G+ Blockchain Technology
“When the strong wind comes he will whirl us upwards into the skies”
As an important window of China’s Reform and Opening policy, Shenzhen has made remarkable achievements in the fields of scientific and technological innovation, infrastructure construction and financial trade. It has developed into an international and innovative city full of charm, power, passion and innovation.
On August 18, news was released that will have a profound effect in the coming future. The Central Committee of the Communist Party of China and the State Council issued the Opinions on Supporting Shenzhen to Build a Pioneer Demonstration Zone of Socialism with Chinese Characteristics (hereinafter referred to as “Opinions”). This means that after the initiatives of Special Economic Zone and the Great Bay Area of Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao, Shenzhen has once again gained new opportunities for development.
The ‘Opinions’ points out that by 2025, Shenzhen’s economic strength and development quality will be among the top cities in the world; its R&D investment intensity and industrial innovation ability will be world-class; its cultural soft-power will be greatly enhanced; public service level and environment quality will reach the international advanced level, and Shenzhen will become the pinnacle of a modern, internationalized and innovative city.
In terms of specific industrial policies, ‘Opinions’ goes into further detail on explaining five particular industries, namely:
- 5G and Artificial Intelligence industry;
- Communication high-end devices and medical device industry;
- Digital culture industry and creative culture industry;
- Innovative finance applications such as digital currency research and mobile payments
- Marine industry.
The central government will support Shenzhen to build 5G, artificial intelligence, cyberspace science and technology, life information and biomedical laboratories and other major innovative carriers; vigorously develop strategic emerging industries and create manufacturing innovation centres in the new-generation communications high-end devices, high-performance medical devices and other related fields; and actively develop the new industries and ecosystems such as intelligent economy and health industry; and create a pilot area for innovation and development of digital economy.
Some experts pointed out that the above reform plan favours the hardcore technology industry, such as the 5G, Artificial Intelligence and high-end communication devices mentioned in the “Opinions”.
In the process of exploration in the past few decades, the performance of Shenzhen’s scientific and technological innovation has been quite eye-catching. According to the ‘Report on the Work of the Government’ of the Shenzhen Municipal Government in January 2019, in 2018, Shenzhen’s total social R&D investment accounted for a large portion of the GDP, and PCT international patent applications ranked Number 1 in the whole China. The number of state-level high-tech enterprises ranked second in the country.
The development of the digital economy is also at the forefront of the country. Shenzhen Mayor Chen Rugui said that Shenzhen has become “the most innovative city in China” and its role in the global innovation system has been continuously strengthened.
In the communication industry related to 5G, according to the data of Shenzhen Communication Administration, in 2018, Shenzhen’s basic telecommunications enterprises completed a total of 161 billion yuan of telecom services, an increase of 116.5% year-on-year; value-added telecommunications services achieved revenues of 348.79 billion yuan in operating income and 100.72 billion yuan in telecom services, and the number of employees is 235,000, while the number of public companies listed in Exchanges exceeds 52. Shenzhen has become one of the regions with the most active development of value-added telecommunications and Internet services, and best concentration effects in China and the best concentration of benefits.
According to the latest report from the German patent data company IPlytics, as of June 15th 2019, Huawei ranked first in the global 5G standard essential patent applications, and the number of 5G patents reached 2,160, much higher than other companies. Another listed company in China is ZTE, and the number of applications for 5G patents is 1,424, ranking third. The headquarters of both companies are in Shenzhen.
In terms of artificial intelligence, according to the “China’s artificial intelligence industry development city rankings” issued by Yiou in 2018, the strength and prospects of developing artificial intelligence in the market were evaluated from five levels: enterprise scale, policy basis, academic technology, industrial foundation and capital environment. Shenzhen’s various indicators performed well, ranking third in the country. Shenzhen has not only created more than 200 start-ups in the field of artificial intelligence, but also has well-known and large-scale artificial intelligence companies such as Tencent, DJI, and Ping An Technology, which provide possibilities for talent gathering.
Industry experts pointed out that, the ‘Opinions’ has a very important policy-oriented role in further making Shenzhen a new highland and helping Shenzhen enterprises maintain their leading position in the industry. This shows the recognition of the central government to Shenzhen’s advancement in innovation in these years and indicates more support and inclination in policy.
It is foreseeable that 5G, Artificial Intelligence, and high-end communication devices will achieve rapid development under national policy support and enter and maintain the international leading camp.
HSN (Hyper Speed Network) is the world’s first Public Chain project focusing on 5G application scenarios and applications of the next generation of high-tech technologies such as AI, IoT, cloud computing and big data in the 5G era. HSN has core technology patents such as Edge Node, file encryption de-duplication, and Proof of Telecommunications (PoT), and has the following outstanding technical advantages:
- Supports concurrent access of massive devices, which can support a large number of IoT nodes
- Support massive data storage to meet the big data storage requirements of 5G applications
- Ultra-high performance, support real-time Artificial Intelligence calculation and result analysis
- Highly competitive total operating costs to meet the actual business requirements
- Support for new software development processes that can help application teams quickly develop DAPP and Smart Contracts on the public chain
The HSN project’s R&D subcompanies include a well-known Blockchain technology company, Jiulian Technology, and a top Internet of Things solution provider, TenBay IoT. They are both located in Shenzhen, which is supported by the ‘Opinions’. This means that HSN projects will be able to enjoy the benefits of policy support, including:
- Taking the talent, capital and technology advantages attracted by Shenzhen’s accelerated development
- Rapidly upgrade the technical level of the HNS Public Chain platform to the international leading position
- Providing technical support and landing scenarios for the 5G, Artificial Intelligence and communication high-end device industries that Shenzhen is promoting, and establishing a comprehensive ecosystem
- Providing support for Shenzhen’s vision of building an internationally innovative city and working with partners and governments to achieve win-win results and create brilliant future!
At present, HSN has taken the lead in establishing a comprehensive strategic cooperation with the well-known technology brands in the 5G and communication high-end device market, including:
- TenBay IoT signed a strategic cooperation agreement with Lenovo, the famous computer hardware manufacturer. HSN will provide Smart Storage devices and 5G routers.
- TenBay IoT has signed long-term cooperation agreement on 5G with Quectel Wireless Solutions which is listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange. TenBay IoT will provide Quectel with 5G terminal application products and integrated solutions, to support its high-quality M2M networking application.
- HSN signed with MeiG which is listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange, to jointly improve mobile broadband (eMBB), massive machine type communication (mMTC) and low latency high reliability communication (uRLLC) to create better 5G products and solutions.
- TenBay IoT together with Shenzhen JieShun Technology (listed on the Shenzhen stock exchange) won the bid to create a “Intelligent Scenic Spot Platform” for Lanka county, including 12 software systems such as ticket sales, scenic spot pass card, shop sales, equipment leasing, and attendance management, etc.
- TenBay IoT won a bid from Redtea Mobile to provide 4G/5G eSIM solutions.
As the famous Chinese traditional poetry says, “When the strong wind comes he will whirl us upwards into the skies”, and so HSN project will provide the best “5G + Blockchain” solutions and products for enterprise customers, consumers and partners through the “spring breeze” of the positive national policy and Shenzhen’s pioneering efforts!
Visit & follow us on your favourite social media platforms!