What is it?
The Pragmatic Marketing Framework provides a standard language for your entire product team and a blueprint of the key activities needed to bring profitable, problem-oriented products to market.
How does it work?
Here are the Pragmatic Marketing rules:
- An outside-in approach increases the likelihood of product success.
- The answer to most of your questions is not in the building.
- We are all pragmatic marketers.
- If the product team doesn’t do its job, other departments will fill the void.
- The building is full of product experts. Your company needs market experts.
- Win/loss should be done by someone not involved in that sales effort.
- Your opinion, although interesting, is irrelevant.
- Only build solutions for problems that are urgent, pervasive and that the market will pay to solve.
- Positioning focuses on the problems you solve.
- Create a separate positioning document whenever the personas’ problems are different.
- Name the product after positioning is finished.
- Positioning drives execution.
Why use it?
To build and market products people want to buy.
Who was it created by?
Who uses it?
[Let us know if you are aware of any uses cases.]
How can I learn more about it?
From the source.
- Pragmatic Marketing YouTube channel:
Read the book.
Pragmatic Marketing eBooks - Product Management and Product Marketing Thought Leadership
eBooks A Practical Approach to Products People aren't buying your products. And no matter how much time, effort or…
Watch a presentation.
Take a course.
Product Management Training and Product Marketing Training
Pragmatic Marketing's complete set of product management and product marketing courses helps you build and market…
Attend a workshop.
[Let us know if you you are aware of anyone teaching a course about the Pragmatic Marketing framework]
Attend a meetup.
Pragmatic Marketing Meetups - Meetup
Find Meetups about Pragmatic Marketing and meet people in your local community who share your interests.
- Pragmatic Marketing resources:
Product Management and Product Marketing Resources
Your Go-To resource for product management and product marketing information, including articles, eBooks, blogs…
- Pragmatic Marketing Framework (PDF):
This article is part of a series of articles guiding readers in exploring the many frameworks and methodologies in product management. You can browse all articles here:
We want your feedback.
Tell us if this article was useful, if we made any mistakes, how we can improve it, and if you want to see similar articles for other Product Management frameworks and methodologies (and which ones).
If we think your suggestions add value to the article, we will update it accordingly.
Please use the responses box of this article to leave your feedback.