Isn’t it hard to follow up on what’s new in the ICON ecosystem?
FWD: ICON.COMMUNITY makes it easy for you to catch up on everything by collecting and sharing news coverage, conversations, and topics within community channels on a weekly basis! We’ll also provide a synopsis in English for any Korean news articles that’s shared here.
Your Weekly News Digest
[CryptoNewsZ, 02/18] South Korean ‘ICON’ Shifts Strategy Gears to Push Further the Public Blockchain Ecosystem
- The South Korean blockchain technology project- ‘ICON’ seems to be moving rapidly towards its aim of creating the world’s largest decentralized networks. ICON has revealed its new plans and strategies that will enable them to grow their public blockchain ecosystem. Going into the details of their strategy, the first move is them getting engaged with an enterprise blockchain alliance program. This alliance program is a subpart of a bigger international accelerator plan. It will also involve a campaign that will help the company to shortlist different network representatives.
[CryptoMeNow, 02/19] Seoul is Becoming a Crypto Haven With $1 Billion Fund and Gov’t Blockchain Adoption
- According to the official statement released by the Seoul Metropolitan Government, the $1 billion Seoul Innovation Growth Fund will primarily fund startups in emerging industries like blockchain seeking seed funding. The announcement on the Seoul Innovation Growth Fund comes within days after ICON, the largest blockchain project in South Korea, revealed that the government of Seoul has begun the process of implementing blockchain-based solutions onto its core IT infrastructure.
[CryptoNewsZ, 02/20] ICON Aims to Build The Largest Decentralized Networks in the World
- ICON, Blockchain Company based in South Korea aims to overcome these limitations and help the technology reach the masses. The company wants to “Hyperconnect the World” by “building one of the largest decentralized networks in the world.” The ultimate aim of being able to provide a platform where the stakeholders from financial, security, insurance, healthcare, educational, and commerce industries and beyond can coexist and transact on a single network. To this cause, ICON has already partnered with more than a hundred businesses. In South Korea, ICON has established ties with the government, and trade deals with the largest corporations and consortiums in significant industries including a partnership with two of the largest banks in the country.
[CryptoNinjas, 02/21] ICONLOOP achieves Advanced Technology Partner status in AWS
- ICONLOOP, one of the largest blockchain enterprises in South Korea, has just announced that it has achieved Advanced Technology Partner status in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN). With Advanced status, ICONLOOP is eligible for preferred access to business opportunities, an AWS-written case study, and joint AWS customer-facing webinars. ICONLOOP has provided the ‘ICON Development Network’ in the AWS Marketplace, allowing developers to run the ICON blockchain network through the AWS cloud.
- The new candidate, ICONation — By ICONists, for ICONist s — applied for P-Rep Candidacy! View here
- The P-Reps candidate list continues to grow! Noris, based in California, USA, also applied! View here
- ICON launched a beta version of the new Developers Portal!
“The achievement of APN Advanced Technology Partner indicates that ICONLOOP has been recognized for its professionalism and improved market competency in the blockchain industry.” said J.H. Kim, CEO of ICONLOOP. Kim added, “ICONLOOP will keep developing technology and business with AWS, simplifying the adoption of blockchain technology across many different fields.”
Join the icon.community movement!
Send us an email if you are interested in joining icon.community team as a developer, content writer, designer, or other contributors are welcomed!