Isn’t it hard to follow up on what’s new in the ICON ecosystem?
FWD: ICON.COMMUNITY makes it easy for you to catch up on everything by collecting and sharing news coverage, conversations, and topics within community channels on a weekly basis! We’ll also provide a synopsis in English for any Korean news articles that’s shared here.
Your Weekly News Digest
- South Korean blockchain project ICON sponsored a briefing session for establishing the Jeju Blockchain Regulatory Sandbox with private companies in attendance in Seoul. The session aimed to create a bridge between governments and companies pushing the growth of the domestic blockchain industry. More than 60 participants from 30 blockchain companies, including ICONLOOP (tech company of ICON), Deblock (Seoul Launchpad of ICX Station), ICON DApp (Decentralized application) partners including ‘Airbloc,’ ‘Cosmochain,’ ‘Webloc’, ‘SOMESING,’ ‘STAYGE,’ and ‘VELIC’, joined the briefing session. ICON prepared a presentation in an effort to improve the understanding of the blockchain special zone and increase public-private cooperation.
Bitcoin Exchange Guide also wrote about the briefing session for establishing ‘Jeju Blockchain Regulatory Sandbox’
[Coindesk, 02/27] Developer of Blockchain Project ICON Denies IPO Plan Reports
- South Korea-based ICONLOOP, the firm developing blockchain project ICON, has denied claims that it’s planning to hold an initial public offering (IPO). A report from local media outlet Pulse News on Wednesday cited “an investment banking industry source” as saying that ICONLOOP is planning to list on the Korea Exchange by early next year and that it has selected brokerage firm Mirae Asset Daewoo Co. as lead manager for the effort. Other news sources have also reported the claim. However, ICONLOOP CEO Jonghyup Kim told CoinDesk Korea that the news is “not true at all” and that the firm does not currently have any plan to launch an IPO. Such reports are “misinformation,” he said, adding that there have previously been similar rumors.
[Business Korea, 02/28] SOMESING Releases Beta Version of Its Hand-carry Karaoke App
- SOMESING, a social music network, announced that it has launched the beta version of its hand-carry karaoke app in the Google Play Store, and is offering various prizes such as BTS Bluetooth Speakers through its official Facebook and Instagram. At SOMESING, which aims to be a social music network where any sing-lovers can enjoy singing songs for free, the songs users sing become new content. The more popular a song becomes, the more rewards the singer will receive. This reward system is possible as SOMESING is based on blockchain technology. Kim Jong-hyup, a board member of ICON Foundation, said, “SOMESING’s app, which is one of the decentralized applications (DApps) of ICON, is the first iconic example of the application of blockchain technology to the real world, and SOMESING will prove the growth potential of various life-friendly DApps that are based on the ICON platform.”
- The new candidate, SOMESING registered! View here
- SOMESING, also a DApp team on top of the ICON— launched its beta on Google play store as well as holding Pre-sale event.
- A Nice touch bar utility tool by the community
- ICON blockchain database Aegis by Spl3en
- Q: Do C-Reps produce blocks?
- ICON explodes in volume organically (without any big announcement) the DApp effect taking over.
Join the icon.community movement!
Send us an email if you are interested in joining icon.community team as a developer, content writer, designer, or other contributors are welcomed!